87 replies to this topic

#61 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

I will say extra prayers that day (I pray for you daily) that whatever the next step is will be the safest  and most medically sound option. Please know you are not alone and that this forum is a pretty amazing family. I don't know what I'd do without all the wonderful folks here giving love, info and constant support.

Sending lots of positive energy, healing (((hugs))) & love,

Loey

Yes! What Loey said so perfectly--sent from me , too! 

hugs, IH

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#62 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

So! Just got home from my surgery consult and they are getting me in on Tuesday for the surgery! Holy crap!! Freaking out!!

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

Diagnosed Pituitary Prolactinoma 12.2012

Low Cortisol/Possible Addison's Disease 02.2013

Maybe one day I will feel "normal" again. <3

#63 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

So! Just got home from my surgery consult and they are getting me in on Tuesday for the surgery! Holy crap!! Freaking out!!

Well...that was quick!  Maybe this will help? 

Get your laundry and bills caught up and get this taken care of!  I will be thinking of you.

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#64 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

All the very best for surgery, I will be thinking of you Tuesday x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#65 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

All positive thoughts sent your way!! 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#66 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

Sending positive thoughts, constant prayers and healing (((hugs))). We'll all be thinking of you and love you dearly!!!!

Loey

#67 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Good luck for Tuesday xx

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#68 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Thanks guys! Check in is at 11:30am tomorrow! I'm going to be bringing my laptop with me so I can post on here afterwards :)

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#69 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

Thanks guys! Check in is at 11:30am tomorrow! I'm going to be bringing my laptop with me so I can post on here afterwards :)

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers every minute today!

Sending you positive energy, healing (((hugs)) and lots of love,

Loey

#70 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Just saw your status update.

Early days, look after yourself.

Massive best wishes for fast healing and fantastic outcomes

Mw x

#71 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Saw you status to about looking like you were beat up.  Feel better soon!

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#72 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

So, I'm back home from the hospital. The surgeon was able to get all of the tumor, despite my unusual amount of blood which made it harder to see. He was able to preserve about 80% of my gland and my prolactin went from a level of 60 (three times the normal) and down to 2! I look pretty beat up right now. Bruises under my eyes and the surgeon got a few chunks of my nose off (which I'm REALLY pissed about and hoping it heals back okay). I'm still heavily medicated as I am having a hard time with the post surgical pain and nausea. Nose keeps bleeding like CRAZY when I bend forward slightly and insanely congested with icky blood clots, but I'm hanging in there. Thank you ALL for all the well wishes and being there for me. It has meant more than you will ever know to me :) 

<3

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#73 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

That is such good news, that he got the entire tumor, but I am sorry :(  he had to beat you up a little bit to get there.  Hang in there - it can only get better and better from now on :)   And no forward-bending!!!

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#74 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

And get lots of rest and make people do things for you.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#75 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

Wish I didn't live across the country! So glad they got it all. I hope you have someone taking care of you. Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sending extra healing (((hugs))) and lots of love,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Loey

P.S. you're still adorable no matter what they did to your nose. Noses are fixable. Thank God they go the whole tumor!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: