87 replies to this topic

#76 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

Well, looks like I am already having my first complication with the surgery. Was diagnosed with Diabetes Insipidus, so I have to start a new hormone treatment ASAP and keep a VERY close eye on my sodium/electrolyte levels. Awesome.

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

Diagnosed Pituitary Prolactinoma 12.2012

Low Cortisol/Possible Addison's Disease 02.2013

Maybe one day I will feel "normal" again. <3

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#77 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Not exactly what you were hoping for there then.

Good to hear they got it all out though. Maybe you will have more pieces of the puzzle, to help you get back to health.

I am rooting for you here, take it easy

Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#78 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

Well, looks like I am already having my first complication with the surgery. Was diagnosed with Diabetes Insipidus, so I have to start a new hormone treatment ASAP and keep a VERY close eye on my sodium/electrolyte levels. Awesome.

So sorry to hear you have another illness to deal with. But it's a good thing that they caught it. Continuing to keep you in my prayers!

Sending extra positive energy, healing (((hugs))) and love,

Loey

#79 Guest_Sequand54_*

Guest_Sequand54_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:07 AM

I'm sorry to hear about the complications of the surgery. You are such a brave soul and we are all hoping that your overall health will get better soon.

#80 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Love & healing (((hugs))),

Loey

#81 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

*hugs* Thanks all. The Diabetes cleared up fairly fast. I ended up going into adrenal failure about a week after the surgery. Was able to come back from that. Now I am dealing with a gnarly sinus infection. So much pressure I feel like my face/head may burst!! Took anti biotics but still in a good amount of pain so I'm trying to see what's up. I can't keep coughing like this because if it gets any worse, the coughing can mess up the surgery and I can get a spinal fluid leak, and this infection can spread to my brain if it doesn't go away soon. Uhg!! Hope you're all doing well! <3

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#82 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

I am SO proud of you! Hang in there sweet lady. I hope they're still giving you cough medicine. We're all keeping you in our hearts and thoughts! 

Sending Love, (((Hugs))) & Prayers,

Loey

P.S. Will PM you a longer message over the next few days.

#83 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hope you're all doing well. I had to see an ENT these last two weeks to see why I'm still in SO much pain. Looks like there is a lot of tissue built up from the brain surgery, so guess what! I get to have ANOTHER surgery on July 3rd. Go me!! >.<

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#84 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hope you're all doing well. I had to see an ENT these last two weeks to see why I'm still in SO much pain. Looks like there is a lot of tissue built up from the brain surgery, so guess what! I get to have ANOTHER surgery on July 3rd. Go me!! >.<

Lucky you!  At least you know you are more than just a pretty face.....you have something in your head besides fluff!  :D

Maybe a little laugh? :ph34r: 

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#85 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Yep...Go You.

This news SUCKs....but your new picture is beautiful!

Hang in there :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#86 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

Well, let's hope at least that you get the pain sorted out this time round.

Good luck, let us know how you go

Mw x

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#87 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thanks guys! Just hoping I'm feeling my best soon after because I'm supposed to DJ in July as well and also go to a show shortly after the surgery and I am NOT missing it! I may fit in better at the show with my nose all bloodied anyway, lmao.

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#88 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

How are you feeling? Sending healing (((hugs)) & love!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: