3 replies to this topic

#1 jasonD2

jasonD2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

a few yrs ago i took rifaximin to treat bacterial overgrowth, i supplemented during & after with intensive probiotics and had very good results for a while after. my stools and bowel function normalized. so i tried a 2nd course a little over a month ago and unfortunately i didnt have the same results. ever since i have been experiencing severe bloating and gas and i cant get rid of it. im spending a week with my girlfriend around the holidays and i really dont wanna be gassy & bloated the whole time. anyone know what i can do? ive been taking some herbal antimicrobials but they only work for a while and as soon as i stop the bloating returns. on my last night of the 2nd course of antibiotics i drank WAY too much and was sick the next day so not sure if that messed me up. would appreciate any help on this- i have a week until my trip :)
Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 DavinaRN

DavinaRN

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

The drinking could have messed you up, what were you drinking? When I had c-diff, alcohol and diary made everything ten times worse.
Gluten Free since October 2012
Negative blood work, positive dietary response
Endocrinologist offered referral to GI if I needed formal diagnosis to follow the diet, otherwise just pass on wheat, barley & rye
and save my money

#3 jasonD2

jasonD2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Liquor and way too much. what do u think it could have done? right now i can be completely fine one day but the next day bloated and gassy then ok again the next day
Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

#4 DavinaRN

DavinaRN

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Liquor is suppose to be fine for celiacs, just make sure what it is mixed with is safe. Now with c diff I couldn't have any alcohol or diary for couple of months. Went thru three rounds of antibiotics back to back.
Gluten Free since October 2012
Negative blood work, positive dietary response
Endocrinologist offered referral to GI if I needed formal diagnosis to follow the diet, otherwise just pass on wheat, barley & rye
and save my money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: