Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Bloating & Gas After Antibiotics

4 posts in this topic

a few yrs ago i took rifaximin to treat bacterial overgrowth, i supplemented during & after with intensive probiotics and had very good results for a while after. my stools and bowel function normalized. so i tried a 2nd course a little over a month ago and unfortunately i didnt have the same results. ever since i have been experiencing severe bloating and gas and i cant get rid of it. im spending a week with my girlfriend around the holidays and i really dont wanna be gassy & bloated the whole time. anyone know what i can do? ive been taking some herbal antimicrobials but they only work for a while and as soon as i stop the bloating returns. on my last night of the 2nd course of antibiotics i drank WAY too much and was sick the next day so not sure if that messed me up. would appreciate any help on this- i have a week until my trip :)

Ads by Google:

The drinking could have messed you up, what were you drinking? When I had c-diff, alcohol and diary made everything ten times worse.

Liquor and way too much. what do u think it could have done? right now i can be completely fine one day but the next day bloated and gassy then ok again the next day

Liquor is suppose to be fine for celiacs, just make sure what it is mixed with is safe. Now with c diff I couldn't have any alcohol or diary for couple of months. Went thru three rounds of antibiotics back to back.