Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Help Me Figure Out A Christmas Dessert!

31 posts in this topic

I once had a party 12 girls 12 desserts. Just add ice cream and stir slightly

:)

Edited to add, I was one of the girls. No, I think I just dug the hole deeper :o

Ads by Google:

We are having 7 for Christmas dinner-- I'm making 3 pies (pecan, chocolate cream and mince), chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate, plus the biscotti I ordered from the gluten-free bakery.

We are having 7 for Christmas dinner-- I'm making 3 pies (pecan, chocolate cream and mince), chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate, plus the biscotti I ordered from the gluten-free bakery.

I notice you didn't mention green beans or ham or a roast. :0

I notice you didn't mention green beans or ham or a roast. :0

We really do have some kind of weird food thing going on! It happens that I am making a ham, rib roast, and green beans with almond butter sauce (among other things).

So, what do you think we should make tonight? lol

We really do have some kind of weird food thing going on! It happens that I am making a ham, rib roast, and green beans with almond butter sauce (among other things).

So, what do you think we should make tonight? lol

We are having chili. Might make some of the pb choc chip cookies

We are having chili. Might make some of the pb choc chip cookies

Mmm sounds good! May have to ditto it :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• shellyb, I have info. for you & you may yet be able to get an official dx from your dermatologist as she sounds like she would be willing to learn. If you are dx'd with dh it is definitive & no other testing is needed. You don't need to see a GI. Im in FL & have had a long day watching Tropical Storm Hermine & making preparations for it's track which is over where I live. I'm tired! I will have links for you to reputable medical info. on the rash but it make take me till tomorrow or even longer if we lose power.  I'll be back as soon as I can. Question: You're on Dapsone now? How long have you been on it? How is it working for you? Are you getting the proper testing at regular intervals to make sure it isn't doing bad things to you? Were you gluten free before the skin biopsy?
    • Thank you so much for your quick response, GFinDC. While I wouldn't be completely opposed to another skin biopsy, I already had 4 done (3 were done prior to my dermatologist suspecting DH) so I don't love the idea of  yet another hole and scar on my body. Plus, fortunately I don't have any fresh lesions now, which I believe is needed for the biopsy. I wish I would have known to see a GI before going gluten free but I was so desperate to get any relief that I started that and Dapsone as soon as my doctor mentioned it to me.  My rash is definitely symmetrical and I have it in all of the "classic" DH spots although it basically spread over my entire body. As much as I'd like a more formal diagnosis, I really don't think I can go through all of that again. It was so bad that not only was I getting no sleep but I had to change my sheets every morning because there was blood all over them. Sorry, TMI. The worst part is that this all developed during my ninth month of pregnancy and got much worse after I delivered my baby. So not only was I dealing with this insanely itchy rash but I had a newborn and a toddler to take care of.  My daughters' pediatrician did mention doing DNA testing on me first and then my daughters to see if there's any concern that they may be susceptible. I may just go that route for now. I was just curious if others have had similar test results to mine and how did their doctors treat it? Thanks again!
    • Hey guys, the last year and a month of transitioning to totally gluten free was hard, but I now seem to be healthy. The first six months I got horrible cramps that would suddenly come and hit hard, but I really havent seen any of those since about February-March. One thing that I wouldnt say has gotten better is my psyche. I was always sort of an anxious person (hard not to be when you dont feel well yet you have "IBS" and you're just "nervous", which all of you probably know), but I am borderline hermit now. I finally went to the doctor today and was prescribed prozac, so hopefully that helps, but I was just wondering about you guys? Thanks  
    • Thank-you, thank-you! I am so relieved to have input from others who have experience with celiac disease. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the school cafeteria. I'll ask our very nice and experienced Cafe Mgr for realistic info and details. My primary concern is the safety of my daughter and packing a lunch will not be that big a deal, even though she prefers the fresh prep instead of lunchbox offerings. Sigh. It sounds as if the 504 is unquestionably the preference over the IHCP, since the 504 is binding and follows the student through his/her academic career. I have a meeting with the admin team on Tuesday. Until then, I'm reading lots so i can be informed. And, dkader, I sent you a private message via the blog's feature. I'd certainly love to read the 504 info you have squirreled away. Thank-you so much!
    • The risk of a non-celiac getting intestinal lymphoma is extremely tiny.  The risk of someone with refractory celiac disease is higher (I think maybe double?) but 2 x extremely tiny is still extremely tiny, and an elevated antibody level is not enough to say you have the refractory version.  You could have a repeat endoscopy to look for damage.  Are you still having symptoms?
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JLeigh