This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Trying To Reply To A Post

USF1970

USF1970 Apprentice

I've been trying to reply to a post but keep getting this error msg - "The number of opening quote tags does not match the number of closing quote tags." Does anyone know what this means? Thanks as always for any help provided.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Which post are your trying to reply to? Maybe I could see if it works for me? Once in a while, something odd happens. I believe there is a gremlin in the system & he occasionally gnaws on a post that he likes or annoys him.

Lets see if you can reply to me. If not, see if you can message me and tell me it didn't work

mushroom Proficient

When you are working with quotes from a post, the quoted material starts with the word 'quote' inside square brackets and ends with the same word with a backslash in front of it inside the square brackets, thusly: /quote. I can't do it here because it would come out as a quote and you wouldn't see the quote marks. But after you hit reply the board automatically puts those in for you. You just have to be sure not to delete them. :)

kareng Grand Master

When you are working with quotes from a post, the quoted material starts with the word 'quote' inside square brackets and ends with the same word with a backslash in front of it inside the square brackets, thusly: /quote. I can't do it here because it would come out as a quote and you wouldn't see the quote marks. But after you hit reply the board automatically puts those in for you. You just have to be sure not to delete them. :)

I think you are right. That must be the error. When I quote someone, it puts my cursor right next to the last bracket on the last word [ quote]. Easy to erase that last bracket

I had to put a space between the bracket and the word quote or I got that same message!

Archived