Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Is There An Overview Video I Can Send To Family Members?

5 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed Celiac 6 months ago. I feel better than I have pretty much ever in my life on a very strict gluten free diet.

Is there a good video somewhere I can send to my family members that will help them understand some of the gluten free basics? Holiday family dinner coming up and need to help them learn about this.

Ads by Google:

Here's a good one:

By a high school student, but it won some award and looks pretty professional. Also only 3 minutes!

Great production! But, I would like to add one correction. In the US and ingredient derived from wheat (as in 'modified food starch'), by law, it must be listed in the ingredient listing or on an allergin warning. In other words, if modified food starch, was derived by a wheat souce it must be listed as "Modified Food Starch (wheat)", or "This product contains wheat". If you see simply Modified Food Starch...there is no gluten.

This one is long -- but I really enjoyed it when newly diagnosed and had my family members watch it - particularly the sections by both doctors of the UCSD Celiac Center -- the nutritionist portion is ok, but I was never impressed with it.

This was produced 5 years ago and I haven't watched in a while -- so I apologize for any new info not included in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR2LvQmoF1Y

I have a whole section on Videos about Celiac Disease on my website.

Board rules forbid me naming it or providing a link to it, you'll have to look at my profile to find it!

Can't help much more than that unfortunately.