4 replies to this topic

#1 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

I can not get over the being glutened feeling. With that said, I think I may go on a whole foods diet. I can't do dairy so thats out. I know the obvious things like meat, fruit and veg but what about things like lunch meats and bacon and condiments like ketchup?

Also what about coffee, tea and juices?

I just want to feel better. Something is getting me over and over. I cant figure it out.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

I wouldn't do the lunchmeats or bacon. You could make your own condiments. I know it's a pain, but Mom did it. When I was strictly whole foods, I still didn't give up my coffee. But you have had problems with corn in the past, right? So if you do tea, try to get loose tea. I make mine in a French press.

Juices should be OK, but they really aren't good for you. The fiber from fruit is what makes fruit good for you and there's no fiber in juice.

It sounds to me that there might be other intolerances going on. You have given up gluten and dairy. Maybe ditch the nightshades for a while? Try rice, meat, veggies and fruit only for a while. I know it stinks to limit yourself so much, especially at the holidays when everyone around you is pigging out, but if it makes you feel better it'll be worth it.

Hope you're feeling better soon. ((((HUGS))))

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#3 Persei V.

Persei V.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Try eliminating nightshades, and if that doesn't work out, try eliminating grains. Whole foods are about not processed, so use natural herbs to make tea instead of sachets. It's possible to bake cakes and sweets with whole foods. My favorite treat is a chocolate ice cream made out with only bananas, a bit of water, whole cocoa powder and brown sugar.
Lactose free: 8/6/2006
Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012
Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

#4 Ghosty

Ghosty

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

I agree with no lunch meat. Bacon may be ok if you get it directly form a butcher, or other ways to get it minimally processed. Otherwise skip it.

When I eat really strict my condiments of choice are yellow mustard and hot sauce (sometimes together, sometimes not). Very few ingredients and I think gluten free. IMHO, if you can handle ketchup. and its the worst thing you eat, then your doing pretty good. Still, ketchup is full of garbage (just read the label), so you'd be better off making your own or avoiding it.

#5 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

I can not get over the being glutened feeling. With that said, I think I may go on a whole foods diet. I can't do dairy so thats out. I know the obvious things like meat, fruit and veg but what about things like lunch meats and bacon and condiments like ketchup?

Also what about coffee, tea and juices?

I just want to feel better. Something is getting me over and over. I cant figure it out.

Whole foods are those that aren't processed. Many processed foods have corn syrup added. Corn is usually GMO, and can cause problems for many of us. I stay away from anything that has a possibilty of having GMOs. Gmo foods include: corn, soy, canola, cottonseed, sugar beets, papaya, zuchinni/yellow squash. These foods do not have to be labeled if they are GMO. Just assume it is, unless it's labeled that it's not. Organic fruits and veggies may help you too?
I restricted many foods, but it wasn't until I went completely grain, dairy, and processed sugar free, that I started to feel much better.
Basically, the Paleo diet is a good one to go by. There are a lot of websites/books available with Paleo recipes. Maybe try it for a bit and see if things settle down for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: