5 replies to this topic

#1 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Does anyone get this? Mainly white bits of undigested food(well I think it is), as well as black but loads of white! Had it checked no parasites etc.. Anyone else get this? Its only since I've gone gluten free!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

If youve had it checked by the doctor then have you started adding herbs etc to your food and making more things from scratch? Could the white bits be garlic youve added to food as it happens to me when I crush my own garlic in soups etc. Drink lots of water and juice to try and cleanse your system to see if it clears. Keep a food diary like myfitnesspal which you can download free on phone/pc to keep track of what you are eating.
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 LauraB0927

LauraB0927

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Not sure about the white stuff, but with quinoa, it was going out looking the same way as it went in (sorry for the TMI). I talked to my dietician and she said that all food except for corn is supposed to be digested thoroughly and NOT come out undigested. Thought it was because I wasn't digesting properly (obviously due to celiac). She gave me digestive enzymes and a chewable probiotic and I havent had that issue since. Not to mention, the digestive enzymes totally took all the bloating and swelling away in my tummy!! The brand I use is Energetix but it can only be given to you by health care professionals. Hope this helps!

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead ahead - soon we must all face the choice, to do what is right, or what is easy..." - Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter)

Diagnosed Celiac in May 2012 by TTG level and endoscopy
Acid reflux/GERD (stopped since eating gluten-free)
Syncope
Raynaud's Syndrome
Iron Deficient

#4 Madagascar

Madagascar

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

i was going to recommend digestive enzymes too. sounds like your system needs some help in breaking things down. i have been using the enzymes from GNC for something like 15 years (prediagnosis) but when i got the diagnosis, i realized they have wheat in them. so a month ago i switched to Digest by Enzymedica. if you find their site, there is a "store finder" on it - in my town of 55,000 there were 2 stores that carried them.

they come in 3 strengths, so you may need to experiment to find the right strength for you: Digest Basic, Digest and Digest Gold. I started with the Gold as recommended on Newbie 101 post, but it was too much and made me feel sick and bloated. i use the Basic now. you're going to feel a lot better if your food is getting digested properly. without it, i doubt your body can absorb the nutrients. give it a try and i'll bet those undigested particles will be gone.
Childhood: canker sores, zillions of cavities, and multiple dental enamel defects (not decay). Acne began at age 9, became cystic acne at 15ish, was bad til early 20's, occasional break-outs now only if i eat certain foods.
1968 - allergic to bacon (arm rashes) & orange juice; sensitive to soy
1970s - lots of digestive problems, allergy to citrus, citric acid, cinnamon, lactose intolerant, rosacea from foods
1980s - allergic to oregano, basil, thyme, pork, strawberries, paprika, smokehouse-type seasonings, peppers
1990s - discovered digestive enzymes (YAY!) and my stomach issues resolved by 90%
2012 - diagnosed with celiac via blood tests (tTG) and genes (HLA DQA1*0201: DQB1*0202)
After learning about celiac, it is obvious my mom had it (ulcerative colitis), my brother has it, and my 3 young adult children have it (2 have digestive problems + anxiety; one has DH). we all went gluten-free november 2012.

#5 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

i was going to recommend digestive enzymes too. sounds like your system needs some help in breaking things down. i have been using the enzymes from GNC for something like 15 years (prediagnosis) but when i got the diagnosis, i realized they have wheat in them. so a month ago i switched to Digest by Enzymedica. if you find their site, there is a "store finder" on it - in my town of 55,000 there were 2 stores that carried them.

they come in 3 strengths, so you may need to experiment to find the right strength for you: Digest Basic, Digest and Digest Gold. I started with the Gold as recommended on Newbie 101 post, but it was too much and made me feel sick and bloated. i use the Basic now. you're going to feel a lot better if your food is getting digested properly. without it, i doubt your body can absorb the nutrients. give it a try and i'll bet those undigested particles will be gone.

Oooh I'll be needing some digestive enzymes too. Do we need them and probiotics? If so, could you recommend a good probiotics? Thanks, Helen
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Ohhh thankyou, obviously a digestive issue, what digestive enzymes would you recommend in the UK?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: