1 reply to this topic

#1 jaimelynn

jaimelynn

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I am new to this forum and have had possible symptoms for over a year - actually longer if I look back at my history. I have been to the doctors multiple times and still have not had the doctor agree to test for celiac.

I have a "lump" in my upper right abdomen, but all testing has shown that everything in my upper abdomen in normal. I have had multiple ultrasounds and there appears to be nothing there.

I also am unsure as to what a normal bowel movement is. I alternate between bouts of constipation and diarrhea and pretty much have for as long as I can remember – just thought that was normal.

Most recently, I spent 8 hours last night/early this morning in the ER for sharp pains in my lower right abdomen. Didn’t think it would be related, but just had a friend tell me that they get lower right abdominal pain after eating gluten – which I realized is all I ate yesterday and also had a lot of since Christmas Eve :-/

They ruled out appendicitis and ovarian cysts, also kidney and liver issues based on ct scan, ultrasound, and blood work – that’s going to be a pretty penny.

Hopefully tomorrow I can finally talk my primary care into doing some celiac testing, because I notice when I don’t eat gluten I am feeling much better.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tom

tom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

I think the main thing right now for you is to INSIST on celiac testing before trying gluten-free, or the testing will become ineffective.

Oh dang, just saw that you may have already had the appt today. How'd it go?
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: