3 replies to this topic

#1 seezee

seezee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

The snow is coming down and I am thinking of summer. Has anyone had good luck with a regular sleep away camp in New England? Can you tell me about it? I know some you have to sign up for months in advance. We did try camp celiac but although my daughter liked it she isn't that interested in returning there.

Thanks very much,

Sarah

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

The snow is coming down and I am thinking of summer. Has anyone had good luck with a regular sleep away camp in New England? Can you tell me about it? I know some you have to sign up for months in advance. We did try camp celiac but although my daughter liked it she isn't that interested in returning there.

Thanks very much,

Sarah

I am wondering the same thing -- mostly for the southeast US. I found this list http://www.celiaccen...ree-camps/list/

We are new to this. I have three daughters and the middle one - age 9 - was recently diagnosed after a lifetime of being sickly. She is not likely to want to be away from home for camp, but I am checking them out. I was very happy to find that Camp Celiac has its menu posted! The menu gave us lots of new food ideas that sound great. We have been gluten-free now for about 3 weeks and loving it.

9 year old daughter diagnosed celiac November / December 2012
Postive endoscopy / biopsy, positive antibody test, positive genetic test

She's been gluten free since diagnosis. I've been gluten free with her since Jan 2013.

#3 LiddysMama

LiddysMama

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

My daughter 9yrs went to camp weekaneatit this past summer in Georgia. She LOVED it. Kids came from NJ, CA, and MO but were most.y from GA and FL.

http://www.georgiaro...eatit_page.html

DTR - DX with Celiac Disease Dec 2011.
ME and DTR - gluten-free since January 2, 2012

#4 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

My daughter 9yrs went to camp weekaneatit this past summer in Georgia. She LOVED it. Kids came from NJ, CA, and MO but were most.y from GA and FL.

http://www.georgiaro...eatit_page.html

Will she go back next summer? I would love for my daughter to meet some girls her age going through this too!

9 year old daughter diagnosed celiac November / December 2012
Postive endoscopy / biopsy, positive antibody test, positive genetic test

She's been gluten free since diagnosis. I've been gluten free with her since Jan 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: