18 replies to this topic

#16 L.J.

L.J.

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Thank you for your thought out answer!!!!

You can find at the website of the Center for disease control the list of ingredients in vaccines. I think anyone should read it carefully before getting the vaccination. One should be especially careful if they are sensitive to anything.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 L.J.

L.J.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

I did want to share one incident however--I was required to do the Hepatitus series of vaccines for my employment--which I did. Then, one year later, I get a letter in the mail stating that the Hep series I went through was not correct--and that I had to do them *all* over again! (3 shots spread over a bit of time). Needless to say, it made me leery of how accurate the vaccines are...Just a thought :rolleyes:

Do I believe in the vaccines, yes...however, I do wonder how they might affect us! ;)

#18 L.J.

L.J.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Thanks RiceGuy for the links--It is true, I cannot eat avocados, pears, bananas, apples, chestnuts, tomato--and several others that seem to be intertwined with each other! :blink: Rather confusing for me to grasp--the one thing that I do get is that I was just determined to be allergic to rubber--also intertwined with latex on some level or another :huh: So Vitamin C is a problem for me to get. I do have one that was a gift that is 100% Ascorbic Acid (i.e. Vit. C)--with no citrus (also allergic to) nor anything else except "pure Ascorbic Acid". Manmade--but the "natural foods of Vit. C" are "killers" for me! I react to most of the natural fruits that are high in it....(I am trying out Blackberry's--slowly but surely) Anywho, I am hoping that the Vitamin C works for me since my body won't absorb the nutrients I need without some Vit. C!!! :P

Did not mean to get off topic here--but wanted to add that info.... :D

#19 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

For a natural vitamin C, two which you might want to try are amla berry and camu camu berry. The camu camu is said to be the most potent natural source of vitamin C known. It comes in pills and pure powdered form. Mixed with cold water and a bit of sweetener, I think it tastes like iced tea.

Incidentally, the synthetic vitamin C is typically made from corn. And of course, most of the corn grown in the U.S. is GMO.

Something else to be aware of regarding the latex allergy is footwear. I've read about people reacting to the materials used in footwear, with the same symptoms as when eating the problematic foods. Turns out that some components from the footwear can be absorbed into the feet, even through socks.
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: