Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

Fatigue And Anxiety

2 posts in this topic

My daughter is 18 years old and went gluten free a year ago and does not have anymore stomach aches, and very few headaches. She was tested through Entero labs(stool sample) and found out she was gluten intolerant last year. She was feeling better but now is having fatigue and anxiety at school. She is too young to feel that she does not have energy. I think she has food sensitivities and she will find out in a few weeks, as she was blood tested (al-cat).

Anyone that was tested through al-cat and feeling better because they are not eating the foods they were sensitive to? I am very concerned that she will have many foods that she likes that will be off limits to her. It will make it challenging to prepare food that she enjoys. Any ideas?

Ads by Google:

hi porkchop, sorry, I have no answer for you, I just wanted to say that I am in a similar situation as your daughter. I looked up entero lab and the (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) test online. they look promising. I would love to find out more and get any opinions from the more experienced here regarding tests like this. I posted a question earlier on the forum asking about advice for testing, so I will wait for any responses on that topic.

happy new year!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• As for eating out, I have found anywhere in the UK that in even semi-decent restaurants I can tell them exactly what I want. Look through their menu and pick things you like and tell them what you want and how to cook it. Most decent chefs will like a change and a challenge and I have been pleasantly surprised with the help that they have given. After a while you will have list of decent restaurants that you can trust. Usually I ask for a rare staeck cooked in Corn oil or olive oil with boiled potatoes and non-buttered veg. If you starts thre the chef usually gives other suggestions but make sure he/she is well aware of basic coeliac gluten cross contamination in kitchen, esp deep fat fryers.
    • Hi plumbago, No, D is not a symptoms only associated with severe celiac disease damage, if that's what you are thinking.  Every time we ingest gluten the immune reaction is kicked off again, and the damage starts all over.  If we ingest gluten daily, the immune reaction never stops, and we end up  with significant damage.  If we stop eating gluten, the immune reaction will decrease over time, and the damage will decrease also.  Healing will also happen as well. The moral of the story is Stop Eating Gluten!
    • Hi Ken. I know how you feel. I am Coeliac (UK!) with multiple intolerances and it has taken me meny years to isolate exactly what the problem foods are. I cannot really advise you what to eat or to avoid as everyone is different but I can suggest you "go back to basics" - in other words absolutely no processed foods even those that are heavily advertised as Gluten Free etc etc - just have a good look at what is in them. Basic food, cooked from scratch is healthier and much easier to isolate foods that you may be intolerentto. I cannot eat: Gluten, including Oats, all dairy, eggs (whites are worse than yolks), soya (a real b---h), preservatives (phosphates, sulphates, sulphites -which rules out 99.9% of wines and most bottled drinks) and various veg/fruits including butternut squash, cashews, grapes, pears, leeks, Celery (sulphites) and artificially "smoked" meats and stock cubes (I keep all bones and make my own stock, free!). I now cure my own bacon (simple - belly pork with dry cure of rock salt and molasses/demarara sugar for 5 days in fridge) but stay away from all pre-packed sliced meats which are full of preservatives) and the only bread I can eat is Seattle Brown Loaves. Keep well away from "E" numbers and any foods that require processing in their production and beware of "Vegetable" oil which is usually soya. Use Corn oil, Ghee (salted butter melted in a pan, remove the scum which is the protein and you are left with a golden liquid) or walnut/coconut oils. Also beware of Crisps/Chips (USA term). Most are sprayed with some liquid prior to cooking and only one type does not affect me - Kettle Crisps/Chips, low salted only NEVER take artifical flavourings in any foods - hidden in E numbers. If I do eat any of the above the symptoms are basically the same, headaches, wind, tiredness, migraines and a feeling of "low" almost depression but not quite as bad. Can last for up to 5 days but usually 1/2. It is really the caveman diet - absolutely no fast foods. I can make myself a meal in a few minutes with anything I have in the house. I eat any meats, most veg (onions, carrots, garlic, peppers, potatoes, of course, green veg etc). A wok is good to have as is a pressure cooker for making stock out of bones. Menus: Breakfast, bacon, fried potatoes, onions peppers. Tea with Honey and Coconut cream (coconut a gem!) and Seattle bread toasted (best that way with "Pure" Sunflower spread) . Lunch: soup, toasts and meat of some kind. Apples, oranges etc Dinners: staples of potatoes, pastas (Gluten free of course), rice, meats, veg, fish. Never concern yourself with what you cant eat, concentrate on what you can and I enjoy cooking my own food and I can also prepare a dinner party and nobody knows it is designed for me! Best of luck, it is a change of lifestyle for the good. Excuse ramblings at times as I keep remembering things as I write.
    • Hi Weary, I think what you are talking about is refractory celiac disease.  Refractory celiac disease is when the immune system does not stop attacking the gut villi even in the absence of gluten for a long period of time.  I don't know a perfect treatment for that condition, but sometimes people use enteral (tube) feeding.  Refractory celiac disease is pretty rare so not many members have direct experience with it.  I posted a link to a thread started by glutenwrangler who used enteral feeding. I think in glutenwrangler's case they thought he had refractory celiac disease but eventually were thinking he had eosinophilic esophagitis.  But glutenwrangler hasn't been around the forum for years. I've read about people with Crohn's Disease using low dose naltrexone as  treatment. I think if you have a serious food problem doing the Fasano type diet for a year or more might make sense.  Maybe give your immune system more time to settle down?
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Alex Kalyn