Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Eno Has Been A Miracle To Help Me Get Rid Of Gas!

3 posts in this topic

I picked up Eno Antacid Effervescing Powder. Its a powder that you mix in with water. As I drink it I just start burping away lol. Big burps! Feels so good to get it out of me! If I eat something tthat doesn't agree with me I get excessive amounts of gas trapped in y stomach and so bloatedd. Itt makes me feel awful. I just tried it for the first time and my stomach didnt completely go down but I got a lot of gas out and it relieved some pressure. Nothing else has ever helped me, I am so glad I found this. i had to write about it in hopes that I can help soomeone else!

Ads by Google:

Are you saying that it relieves BOTH belching gas AND flatulence?

For me it relieves a lot more belching but also some flatulence sometimes. I think it is more so meant for belching though

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Karen, the iodine test was a test for DH used in the 'olden' days. Iodine would be swabbed onto a spot and then it would be covered with a bandage. If someone had DH the iodined area would break out in lesions. I don't know how but we do know iodine can activate the antibodies. That is why some of us with DH have to avoid iodine in foods until the antibodies have cleared the dermis. OP, if you haven't been tested for celiac you should be and if you have active lesions a biopsy done next to a lesion by a DH knowledgable dermatologist may help in diagnosis.
    • The gluten-free diet (GFD) is the only validated treatment for celiac disease (celiac disease), but despite strict adherence, complete mucosal recovery is rarely ... View the full article
    • What's an " iodine test"?  Haven't heard doctors doing that to diagnose DH.
    • Hello! I've just been given my blood results and told they are highly suggestive of coeliacs but will have to wait till next month to see the gastroenterologist and who knows how much longer for a biopsy. My igA, igG and tissuetrans igA were all over 250 and tissuetrans igG was the only one that was normal. These results don't mean much to me yet but I'm told they are very high. I'm now quite fearful of how much damage I've gone to myself. I've had stomach problems for 25 years (just turned 40) and have often steered clear of too much bread and pasta for how bloated it made me feel but the symptoms were always vague and inconsistent so I kept eating. I had a couple of boats of gastro in the past few months (thanks kids) which I took a lot longer than normal to recover from which looking back may have been related. Then last Friday I had a blowout with wine, cheese, crackers, pizza and chocolate cake. I'm sure I've probably had blowouts like that before but I have never felt so sick before and am still slowly recovering. This is what finally prompted me to go back to my GP after being fobbed off so many times over the years. So I guess my question and my concern is whether there is still  chance of a false positive with levels like this? I worry what else it might be if not coeliac. I'm also worried that I may have done so much damage to myself that I will have several disorders going on! I'm also still recovering from last Friday and wondering when I'm going to feel better. I've stayed off gluten and dairy since my blood result a couple of days ago but feel like I'm allergic to food in general.  Thankyou!!    
    • Here's what the Klondike Bar makers say on the FAQ page of their website (August 2016): Are your products gluten free? Nope. They are not. We have not validated for gluten free. We do not operate allergen-free manufacturing sites, however we do have allergen management programs in all our facilities. The intent of these programs is to avoid unintentional cross-contamination of allergens between products. Our product labels adhere to the FDA’s strict regulations regarding declaration of ingredients and allergens. We do not use the terms “Natural” or “Artificial Flavorings” to hide the existence of any allergens. RECIPES CAN CHANGE. We strongly recommend that allergic consumers refer to ingredient declarations EVERY TIME they purchase processed foods.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ails123