2 replies to this topic

#1 Booney

Booney

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I have recently began gluten free due to multiple health problems- I have discovered it is not easy and I need to cut a lot out of my diet. The one thing I can not seem to do without is my coffee- I need to know is the creamer used at Tim Hortons gluten free ?? I asked at the restaurant and they had no clue. Please help.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I can't respond specifically to the question about Timmy's, but all the coffee places I have gone to use real cream, which is gluten-free.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Pegleg84

Pegleg84

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

I haven't stepped foot into a Tim's in a few years, and have weaned myself off Tim's coffee. The cream should be fine, as long as you're ok with milk.
However, keep in mind that Tim Hortons is filled with gluteny things and there's a reasonable chance of cross contamination. I can't stand to go in anymore. It's depressing...

So, you can still have your double double, but be careful you don't get any timbit dust in the process.

(Canadian Celiac problems.... ergh)

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: