5 replies to this topic

#1 jhol

jhol

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

hi my names jill an ive been waiting for results for endoscopy for 4 weeks now. ive been reading these threads for weeks but have been waiting to be diagnosed before joining. i cant believe how much your post (eclara) sounds like my experience.i phoned my docs (yet again to see if results had arrived) finally they said a fax had been sent- results showing within normal range-wotever that means -no mention of celiac. ive got an app on jan 10 to discuss with doc. im absolutely gutted cos id convinced myself they were gonna be positive.i suffer with brain fog- to the extent that i forgot where the light switch was in my living room!! peoples names are a complete no no and even following a simple conversation is a chore.i have terrible pains in legs and feet - stairs are a nightmare.i have a problem with anxiety and dark repetetive thoughts- even when im thinking them i know they,re not right and struggle to get them out of my head. your comment abt thinkin you were a ghost really struck a cord with me - i think i see things in my periforal vision -sorry abt spelling, and think i hear my name being called and have a sense of being watched. id started to think i was nearer the other side than here!! just realised that i sound like a nutter lol but i consider myself very normal ha! ive had a small blistering rash on the palms of my hands for abt 16 years now and a rash on my face for abt one year that started as a small red patch and has spread across the whole of my face.(not noticeable with makeup on) its now started to get pimpley like acne. the palm rash id put down to palmoplanter pustular psoriasis( by lookin on google)cos id read you cant get dermatitis hepeformis on your palms, but i found some pics the other night showing dh on the hands. ive put on loads of weight that i cant lose, am exhausted all the time an ive had more things done to my teeth these last 2 years( to the extent that my dentist asked if there was anything wrong with me) than ive had done in the last 20! i dont suffer with the gastro problems so am still eating wheat, but had a major problem with coleslaw for some reason. i actually thought i was dying i was in so much pain. think its either the vinegar or the raw cabbage - been to scared to try either of them as a test. my vision changes - think its food related- thought i needed glasses but then its perfect. struggle to see with dim light and think ive a problem with oral allergy syndrome with fruit especially melons and citrus. which was what sent me to docs in first place.i have extreme bloating, which i affectionately call my baby belly, that has just recently started to gurgle quite a lot. sound like a proper hypochondriac!! dont really know what im saying or asking but any imput will be appreciated. its a bit of a chore at docs and feel family are just "going along" with what im sayin to them. im hoping to get some answers at docs next week an maybe sent for allergy tests. oh forgot to say my hands improved a bit when i cut out dairy for a while and the rash on face has just this week become irritatingly itchy. if anybody reads this - ta! sorry its so long and have a happy new year!!! ( cannot believe im in on new years eve sat im front of a computer.)!!!! if i get no joy from docs im thinkin of cuttin out gluten anyway and seeing what happens...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Eclara

Eclara

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

hi my names jill

Hello, Jill!

I can definitely relate to a lot of the issues you're describing. I'm constantly seeing things out of the corner of my eye and whipping around to check if there's anything there. It's very disorienting! I have difficulty remembering things, too- I once forgot my own first name in a conversation and had to flounder for a painfully awkward 20 second silence until I remembered what it was. I also get disturbing thoughts stuck in my head and had chalked it up to anxiety, but they actually went away when I was gluten lite and came back during my challenge. I can understand feeling off the wall bonkers- every time I try to describe my mental symptoms to anyone I get flustered because it sounds so frightening when you put it into words, probably more frightening than it actually should be.

As for the coleslaw, could it have been really awful gas pains? Cabbage is cruciferous and a notoriously gassy food. I had an issue like that once where I drank tart cherry juice before I went to bed, and I actually got woken up in the middle of the night by agonizing stomach cramps. It scared me half to death!

I don't really know anything about DH, my experience with facial rashes is mostly in the rosacea department. With rosacea the rash generally flushes hot at times, especially with triggers like stress or heat, and tends to be painful.

You might want to consider starting a new thread in this forum, I think a lot of people have already checked mine and you might get more (and better informed) responses if you start a new one!

I hope you can get all of this sorted out, I know it's no fun to feel like your body is punishing you.

Low IGA, tests not viable- no other blood tests performed

Negative biopsy 12/12/12

Gluten-free 12/13/12

Currently unable to tolerate: gluten, grains, dairy, soy, nightshades, all sweeteners except for liquid stevia and coconut nectar, cruciferous vegetables, all fruit except for bananas and berries, eggs, beans, chocolate (noooo).

#3 jhol

jhol

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

hi thanks for replying i,ll think abt starting new thread once i get the hang of this forum and posting stuff . im not good with computers, especially with this brain of mine not workin like it should. thanks.

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

I just split this out for Jill so she could get some comments on her own situation.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

I think 4 weeks is too long to wait for your results! When you go to the doc and get them ask for a copy of any blood work and the pathology report from the endoscopy.

This thread might be a good place to start your reading.

http://www.celiac.co...01/#entry846123

For myself, I was so anemic that I could barely breathe. I think I wasn't getting much oxygen to my brain and it made it hard to think. Once I got the anemia partially taken care of ( twice a day iron pills, taken on an empty stomach and don't eat for 2 hours after) in 3 weeks, I was thinking better.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Hi Jill,

Welcome to the forum and to the year 2013! :)

I agree with Karen, 4 weeks is plenty of time to get your test results. Getting a paper copy is very handy for your own records. Did they test your thyroid also? And vitamin and mineral levels? Blood glucose? Those are all basic things to have tested.

Regardless of how your celiac test results come in, it is worthwhile trying the gluten-free diet for a few months. The gluten-free diet won't hurt you, and it may help, so it is not bad bet to give it a shot.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: