This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Foods?

kasey-renee13

kasey-renee13 Newbie

What are some gluten free snacks/foods you like?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFreeMO Proficient

I really like homemade popcorn, Mission corn chips and Pace salsa. Betty Crocker cookies, brownies and cake are great and so are the betty crocker frostings. Skittles, Lays Stax chips. I could go on and on...

FatBear Newbie

I really like homemade popcorn.

Yes! And if you oil it properly it is one of the healthiest snacks you can eat, gluten free or otherwise. I like to use a good quality olive oil. Be careful because the warm popcorn brings up and enhances the flavor of the oil: good oil tastes delicious and bad oil tastes awful. So if you try it and it tastes icky, get a better oil. (Hint: if it is out on the store's shelves, it is rancid. Light degrades olive oil rapidly.) Odd as it may sound, the Costco extra virgin olive oil in the square glass bottles - if pulled from the center of the case - is very good oil, if maybe a little bland for Italian tastes. They seem to pick good quality oil and they go through it so fast that it doesn't have time to oxidize (go rancid). Another good source of awesome American grown olive oil is Olivehut.com. Hopefully they are still in business. They can ship you a gallon jug of really good olive oil and if you call you can make sure it is this year's harvest - really fresh. Don't worry about the jug - they pump it from a dark barrel just before shipping it. (I've watched them do it.)

You can also flavor the popcorn with spices which do not add fat or calories. One really good enhancement is epazote. Those of us with Celiac often damaged our intestines before we were diagnosed and the collateral damage can often take the form of IBS or CIBO. Epazote is an herb which helps to reduce the gas that can cause us so much pain.

kareng Grand Master

Open Original Shared Link

This is the Frito Lay list for the US. It may be different in another country.

There is a gluten-free candy list from Halloween around here somewhere. I'll move stuff around and see where we put it. Lol

Found it! Open Original Shared Link

This list isn't the only candy that is gluten-free, but its a good starting point.

Firuze Newbie

I am a huge fan of "well&good muffin mix", if you add raisins to the mix it is perfect!

I love that toblerone flavors are all gluten-free and snickers is also a favourite.

I also eat macarons, as far as I know they are naturally gluten-free.

Chestnut, especially candied chestnut is also gluten-free and soooo good :)

I am a huge fan of snacks as you can tell ;)

GFinDC Veteran

Roasted salted peanuts.

mbrookes Community Regular

I love salty, crunchy snacks. Two of my favorites are Glutino Bagel chips and Glutino pretzels. Potato chips (Lays) and Fritos are right up there.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Charli61 Apprentice

What are some gluten free snacks/foods you like?

Udi's Snickerdoodle cookies are a great sweet snack! They make my tastebuds sing (and trust me, that's the only singing anyone wants me to do!!)
shadowicewolf Proficient

apples and peanut butter.... end of story. Also, adding honey to peanut butter makes a nice twist

DH Guy Newbie

Chipotle burrito bowls, king soopers corn and rice spaghetti, anything chocolate (thank goodness I'm not allergic to that), and grandpas gourmet fried chicken.

Adalaide Mentor

Larabars, Trio bars, Kind bars (none of which I can have atm... but soon again!) fruit leather, especially Stretch Island which is super cheap at Costco. I like to make krispy treats with Pebbles and marshmallows, mixing up flavors of marshmallows and Pebbles for fun. (I usually make really small batches so they don't get hard.) I make a lot of pudding too, tapioca and brown rice, although I gather that Kozy Shack is gluten free.

• 3 weeks later...
UCglutenfree Newbie

Larabars, Trio bars, Kind bars (none of which I can have atm... but soon again!) fruit leather, especially Stretch Island which is super cheap at Costco. I like to make krispy treats with Pebbles and marshmallows, mixing up flavors of marshmallows and Pebbles for fun. (I usually make really small batches so they don't get hard.) I make a lot of pudding too, tapioca and brown rice, although I gather that Kozy Shack is gluten free.

Could you clarify on Stretch Island, what is it? Can you get it from their website?

My local Costco is not really loaded with items and is a size of a chicken coop, so availability on the web will be a blessing for me.

Trader Joe's salted tortilla chips (round shape, 32oz package) made with corn and Good should taste good brand multigrain tortilla chips, 24 oz package, made with flax, sunflower and sesame needs, Quinoa, Soy, Brown rice are my favorite to go with home made guacamole or Hummus.

Adalaide Mentor

The stretch island box sort of looks like the little thing up at the top corner in this link, only it is long and flat at my Costco. Open Original Shared Link The color is the same though and it is always up with the snack foods, things like dried fruit, fruit gummies, things of that sort. I just blew through a box in a month, I don't usually do that. :ph34r: It looks like you can order directly from the company too or find a retailer in your area.

GlutenFreeRupert Newbie

Chipotle burrito bowls are delicious and convenient. I also love Open Original Shared Link since I like home cooked meals. Great variety of gluten free products that I saw on Food Finds. Love their dessert sauces and their tomatillo salsa for tomatillo chicken :)

• 2 weeks later...
gfbrad Newbie

Orgran.

Archived