15 replies to this topic

#16 Chaff

Chaff

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Update: it's looking like either hereditary fructose intolerance or leaky gut of monumental proportions. My only safe foods are plain meat/fish/eggs (cooked--homemade mayo had fructose that laid me out), most vegetable oils and ghee, and plain white rice, thoroughly washed. Oh, and a thimbleful of select spices. Basically any fructose over .1 g per day is bad, bad, bad. That's about a fourth cup of potato.

Going in a March to Mayo for some follow-up and dietary testing. The HFI forum folks have been lovely and lots of help. But they mostly all eat tons of wheat and dairy, the lucky stiffs, though they do have a few celiacs among them. I have to go back and forth among their forum and this one for complete advice.

I just made crackers with olive oil and cream of rice! So I'm managing some kind of variation. But honestly, just grateful not to feel sick all the time. Everything's roses as long as I don't stray from my diet.

PS, the commissary system is getting savvier about gluten-free stuff. But I had to wander the aisles for an hour to locate it all!

celiac, hypothyroid, hereditary hemochromatosis

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: