Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Bloody Diarrhea When Glutened

5 posts in this topic

new here gluten-free 4 almost 1 yr and feeling much btr.have UC 4 25 yrs with bleeding.does anyone have blood in stool with celiac? or gluten sens? im neg for celiac spru but pos stool for gluten sens and had a miracle healing i believe from God when i stopped gluten and had food allergy testing done and stopped those foods as well. now if i accidently have gluten i have bloody diarrhea for about 3 weeks.is this common for anyone else? for 25 yrs i have had episodes of active UC and have been on steroids and chemo.now that i am following strict diet and gluten-free i only take asacol and having formed bms with no blood thank the Lord until i have an accidental ingestion then its bad...super bad for 3weeks.sound familiar to anyone?any suggestions?

thanks

Ads by Google:

With hemorrhoids, if your bowels get really irritated, like with diarrhea or constipation, bloody stools can happen. It can range from a bit of red on the tissue paper to full on disturbingly red toilet bowl water. Could it be a hemi? They're harmless, just a, well.... pain in the butt. I hope that's all it is for you.

Best wishes.

Hi,

Yes, I get blood in stool from gluten and dairy. It doesn't last three weeks for me but long enough. Dairy doesn't do it right away but if I eat it for a week, oops.

Sometimes I think I have alot of blood in my stool. Then I remember that I recently ate beets!

now if i accidently have gluten i have bloody diarrhea for about 3 weeks.is this common for anyone else?

I have celiac disease for 30 years, I don't have UC. I cheated in 2007 and again in 2012 (suspect CC) but bloody stool due to celiac disease? NO.

Hope this helps.