Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Hershey's Reeses Peanut Butter Cups Are Gluten-Free

8 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

A two year old post is not relevant information today about what is or is not gluten free. A two month old post isn't either. A simple rule we must all live by, no matter what, is every label, every time. I wasn't dealing with the issue at the time, but it is possible that there was a lapse in the gluten free status. I find it also highly likely (having worked all too long in an inbound call center environment in a variety of positions) that the person making the phone call spoke with either A: a complete moron or B: someone who just didn't care to actually check and just spouted off the first answer that popped in their head.

I have never seen the normal PB cups list wheat in their ingredients. The whole issue with these is in the past is some of the seasonal shaped (Christmas trees / Easter Eggs etc) have had wheat in them. However, recently I have not even come across those either. I always read the labels on the season ones due to the past history.

This is there CYA on the website:

REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups – ALL Except Seasonal Shaped Items -

As the original responder stated always read labels as things do change on all foods.

In 2011 Reese's PB cups did not contain gluten but were made on shared lines with gluten containing products, therefore, Hershey's would not put them on their gluten free list. Are they now on dedicated lines? I have not contacted them to check as I stopped eating all of their products back in 2011.

I heard that there is a coating separating the chocolate and peanut butter that contains gluten. I try to avoid them, but if someone has information that they are gluten-free I'd love to eat them again. They were my favorite before I was diagnosed.

I heard that there is a coating separating the chocolate and peanut butter that contains gluten. I try to avoid them, but if someone has information that they are gluten-free I'd love to eat them again. They were my favorite before I was diagnosed.

It says right on their website that they are gluten free. The link is in the original post. You can of course always feel free to call Hershey about it to verify. Many do eat them with no issue. I indulged a few times with no problems. Not the sort of thing I would eat any more, but not for gluten reasons. I certainly wouldn't turn one down if I were hungry and it was the only thing to eat. Just stay away from holiday shapes.

http://www.thehershe...px#/Gluten-Free

REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups – ALL Except Seasonal Shaped Items

I did contact Hershey's out of curiosity and they are now made on dedicated lines, so there is no longer a risk of cross-contamination during processing, like there used to be. This is an example of how much can change for a product in just a few years. It's also a reminder that we need to be diligent about calling companies and investigating if we are unsure.