#1 leo.the.bunny

leo.the.bunny

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi

I've been posting a lot of topics lately because it seems like everyone here knows so much it's awesome! Anyway I'm considering taking an elemental diet for sibo and I'm not sure if many people would know about it, but can it be bad for leaky gut? I can become intolerant to anything I consume too much so am I able to become intolerant to these too or does this not happen since they are made for gastrointestinal problems and are predigested?

Thanks a lot!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Chaff

Chaff

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'd love to know more about this, too. I can't seem to eat much, and the docs here won't put me on an elemental diet because I'm in a US military medical system and they don't support it (the GI used the words "tip of the spear" twice to refer to the medical care available...apparently the elemental diets are far away from the tip).

I tried two of the ones I heard about on this site. The first caused some malabsorbtion symptoms and the second...had trace amounts of casein. Which I'm pretty sure I'm intolerant to.

Do you want the casein one? I'm happy to ship it to you, free of charge -- I hate the thing going to waste. It's sealed, unopened, and supposedly works great. (I can send along the other one but it's already opened.)

PM me if you're interested. I can give you all the details of both and you can see what you think.
celiac (positive tTg, negative biopsy), hypothyroid, hereditary hemochromatosis
live in Okinawa, Japan; hope to resume training for ultra-marathon soon

casein-free, legume-free; 99% fructose-free

I cope by drinking artisanal teas, hand-picked in Taiwan, all gluten-free

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I did not improve at all on elemental diet -- I went from that to bone broth and slowly added cooked vegies blended with bone broth until I was able to tolerate more.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4 Simona19

Simona19

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Check this:

http://www.celiac.co...all-intestines/

Maybe it will help you in some way.

#5 LeakyGutRsrch

LeakyGutRsrch

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

I'd love to know more about this, too. I can't seem to eat much, and the docs here won't put me on an elemental diet because I'm in a US military medical system and they don't support it (the GI used the words "tip of the spear" twice to refer to the medical care available...apparently the elemental diets are far away from the tip).

I tried two of the ones I heard about on this site. The first caused some malabsorbtion symptoms and the second...had trace amounts of casein. Which I'm pretty sure I'm intolerant to.

Do you want the casein one? I'm happy to ship it to you, free of charge -- I hate the thing going to waste. It's sealed, unopened, and supposedly works great. (I can send along the other one but it's already opened.)

PM me if you're interested. I can give you all the details of both and you can see what you think.

Little off topic: if you have leaky gut - are you aware that the vegetable oils, eggs and ultramarathons are probably contributing to that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: