arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Doctors Appointment - Need To Know What To Ask!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jhol

jhol

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

hi
im going to docs on thurday next week for a discussion abt my results - the receptionist gave me an overview of them - within normal range!! i,ve taken that as everything was normal!.
so my question is - if my results are negative what can i ask the doctor regarding treatment. do i ask for another blood test?, is there something the doctor can do for me that they havent done already? is there a specific test that i can ask for?
all ive had done is blood test - we dont see the results here coz you phone the receptionist and she just tells you if alls well. and the endoscopy.
ive read about checking vitamin levels - is this done with normal blood tests - or a specific one?
im thinkin of asking for all my blood results while ive been with this doc- just to see if it will jolt her into action- maybe she will compare them to see if anythings lowered or, raised,
looking for some advice - thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hi Jillian,

They should give you copies of the test results. If they don't whack 'em upside the head! Nicely of course! :)

Vitamins are A, E D, K and B's and iron that should be tested.

Thyroid is TSH, T3 and T4 and TPO antibodies.

Bone density is not a bad thing to ask for if they have it..
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#3 jhol

jhol

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hi Jillian,

They should give you copies of the test results. If they don't whack 'em upside the head! Nicely of course! :)

Vitamins are A, E D, K and B's and iron that should be tested.

Thyroid is TSH, T3 and T4 and TPO antibodies.

Bone density is not a bad thing to ask for if they have it..

hi
thanks again for replying
just had a look at your artwork, its something i trained in at college. havent done anything like that for years and years. would love to get into it again
just havent got the attention span at the moment!!! hoping that will change soon. gonna write a list and go in the docs all guns blazing lol...

#4 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Sounds good Jillian. Writing down your symptoms ahead of time to give them at the visit is a good idea. Not as likely for them to miss something that way. Just use a water pistol for the blazing tho, that should get their attention well enough! :)

Thanks for looking at my art site. It is great fun to do. I hope you do get back into it sometime, It's a good way to get rid of art supplies... :)
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: