Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Doctors Appointment - Need To Know What To Ask!

4 posts in this topic

hi

im going to docs on thurday next week for a discussion abt my results - the receptionist gave me an overview of them - within normal range!! i,ve taken that as everything was normal!.

so my question is - if my results are negative what can i ask the doctor regarding treatment. do i ask for another blood test?, is there something the doctor can do for me that they havent done already? is there a specific test that i can ask for?

all ive had done is blood test - we dont see the results here coz you phone the receptionist and she just tells you if alls well. and the endoscopy.

ive read about checking vitamin levels - is this done with normal blood tests - or a specific one?

im thinkin of asking for all my blood results while ive been with this doc- just to see if it will jolt her into action- maybe she will compare them to see if anythings lowered or, raised,

looking for some advice - thanks

Ads by Google:

Hi Jillian,

They should give you copies of the test results. If they don't whack 'em upside the head! Nicely of course! :)

Vitamins are A, E D, K and B's and iron that should be tested.

Thyroid is TSH, T3 and T4 and TPO antibodies.

Bone density is not a bad thing to ask for if they have it..

Hi Jillian,

They should give you copies of the test results. If they don't whack 'em upside the head! Nicely of course! :)

Vitamins are A, E D, K and B's and iron that should be tested.

Thyroid is TSH, T3 and T4 and TPO antibodies.

Bone density is not a bad thing to ask for if they have it..

hi

thanks again for replying

just had a look at your artwork, its something i trained in at college. havent done anything like that for years and years. would love to get into it again

just havent got the attention span at the moment!!! hoping that will change soon. gonna write a list and go in the docs all guns blazing lol...

Sounds good Jillian. Writing down your symptoms ahead of time to give them at the visit is a good idea. Not as likely for them to miss something that way. Just use a water pistol for the blazing tho, that should get their attention well enough! :)

Thanks for looking at my art site. It is great fun to do. I hope you do get back into it sometime, It's a good way to get rid of art supplies... :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• So I've been glutened....
      That sounds like a plan JMG.  If things aren't working then make a change, hopefully a positive change.  It seems to me we have more noticeable symptoms sometimes after being gluten-free a while.  I made a mistake last night and ate some tuna canned in water.  It definitely wasn't boring.  I usually have more sense than to eat tuna canned in water but screwed up last night.  They canned  it in broth of some sort.  Ingredients say vegetable broth and soy.  Yuck, not good for me.  It sure tasted good though, just ouch.  I am not saying it had gluten in it, but it does have soy and some kind of unnamed veggie monsters.  So it could be soy, or carrots or some other disgusting vegetable that got me.   Not all celiacs have additional food intolerances beyond gluten, but some do.  My gut could testify to that.  Anyway, if you have bloating, cut out all carbs and sugar for starters.  And try peppermint tea or Altoids.  Over here we have something called Pepto Bismol that helps soothe gut pain and another neat thing called aspirin.  And gluten-free beer as needed.  
    • Gluten free apparently not helping entirely
      Jean, Maybe your boss can find you a job in the office for a while?  It's worth asking maybe? It's not easy being on constant travel with celiac disease but it can be done.  Your effort to find safe food is going to be harder than most but it is not impossible.  But if you can't manage it you should really think about getting a non-travel job.  Your boss may be willing to work with you on an office position, even if it's temporary.  That would give you some time to look for a local job and also eat a safer diet. It's really up to you to control your diet and make sure it is safe.  If you can't figure out how to  do that while traveling you owe it to yourself to figure a way out of the travel. Celiac disease isn't always fun and games.  Not always.   I hope you find a way to improve your circumstances.
    • Gluten Free baby food pouches?
      Anyone know of any baby food pouches that are gluten free?  We love to have them on the go for our kids (not just baby), but I have no idea which ones to get now!  We used to get Meijer brand and Plum.   Thanks!
    • gluten free, oat free, egg free breakfast ideas needed for 6 year old
      Thanks for everyone's suggestions!  I think I felt at a loss when we had to cut oats- we used to do cheerios and oatmeal regularly and now those are out.  She has a sensitivity to oats as well as wheat/barley/rye. 
    • So I've been glutened....
      The bloating has, if anything, got worse. It seems better when I'm lay down, when I stand it gets worse. Although the lymph swelling has gone down so maybe I'm through the worst. Hope so anyway... I never used to get a great deal of GI symptoms. Certainly not so serious as the other stuff. It's making me wonder if I just react differently now having been gluten-free for some time. I've noticed lot's of you saying that reactions seem to change over time. Of course its possible the other stuff was masking the GI things. I almost dont trust my memory of those times anymore because a whole chunk of my life seems to have been lived through a brain fog. Tomorrow I'm thinking of going away for a couple of days, maybe just taking some ultra simple food with me so I can try and settle my stomach by boring it into submission      
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Jmg  »  admin

Hello Admin!
      I don't know whether this is of interest to post on your articles feed:
      http://pratt.duke.edu/about/news/window-guts-brain
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      · 2 replies
    • celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ChrisMelbourne