40 replies to this topic

#16 123glldd

123glldd

Advanced Community Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

I eat salmon and lean ground beef thank you and there is protein in all the beans. I post every few minutes because i just didn't bother to go back and hit edit. As for going out i feel too sick.
What I am severely lacking is calcium which is why turnip greens were a focus.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Wendy, stress is no doubt exacerbating your symptoms in addition to your severely limited diet. Are you able to take calcium supplements? Are you taking any supplements? Probiotics?
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#18 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

So Delicious Coconut milk has calcium and is really good. You could try that.

#19 123glldd

123glldd

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Supplements don't agree with me much. I was taking vitamin D3+K2 in a liquid supplement form before all this. At some point while visiting my family back home i realized it was tasting funny. So i stopped drinking it for a couple weeks till we got back and i bought more. Next thing i knew it i didn't have the guts to try it after my glluten or whatever it was reaction in august because i MIGHT have a salicylic acid problem and it's a fruity drink it comes in. I'm scared to take normal supplements because my tummy is sensitive even to food right now so supplements are scarier especially in pill form. The company who makes my vitamin I was taking is nutrimetrix and it's apparently gluten free but whether that's certified i have no idea. They just told me it was. But it's not even so much the gluten that worries me about it...well, that's a lie...all of it worries me but...calcium i have never taken..never needed to because i always drank so much milk and ate greens. Since all this in august I've not had much of both only cabbage and broccoli and some turnip greens that may or may not have upset my stomach. I desperately know i want calcium. Which is why I've focused on that. It's also why i eat the rice chex and beans...per serving the beans have 4%...the rice chex 10% etc Even more worrisome about the calcium is that i eat protein ..and protein can block absorption of calcium so even tho i may get 20-30 % my daily intake of calcium a day...i dunno how much of it is being absorbed. I know I need to eat more but i can't very well try something knew after the turnip greens when my tummy ache lasts a week and then it was christmas and i just wanted a merry christmas and i was going to try pumpkin we have in cans here after christmas but now i'm sick again. I can never feel well enough for enough time to be able to experiment. When the sickness lasts a while and then i don't have much time to get something new into me. I'm not going to try something new while i'm still sick otherwise i won't know if it bothers me and it's becoming a huge hinderance to me so I don't like feeling judged by some on here about this. I'm trying as best I can. This is why i brought up the random tummy pains that don't involve diarrhea or anything like that...the part of my original message that is completely different from what i have now...because that has become a hinderance to my being able to experiment. I can't tell for the life of me whether it was the turnip greens or that i get this odd ache randomly mid month because it seemed that way from the last couple months. I'm waiting for mid month this month to see before introducing something else completely new. Otherwise i won't know whether to try the turnip greens again or not. This is all too frustrating. I cry almost every day because I don't know what to do with myself. I wish people on here would ASK me though instead of making me feel judged..assuming i don't eat protein etc. All I said was what I had the day before my getting sick i didn't list off everything i eat :(

#20 123glldd

123glldd

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

So Delicious Coconut milk has calcium and is really good. You could try that.

I know and i LOVE their chocolate but i was having that and even amy's palak paneer after the original episode in august and was fine but the tummy aches that seem unrelated to this i have now continued so i cut it all out. I was also nervous about the coconut milk because of sugar and i wasn't sure if i had candida and all this..it's all been guess work. I've been wanting the coconut milk so bad again :(

#21 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound rude but you are really wrapped up in counting calcium and protein etc. How about calcium fortified OJ or So Delicious coconut milk or almond milk etc.

You said that you eat ground beef. How about making a hamburger and eating lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup etc. Fry some bacon to put on top...so many things to eat to be concentrated on a few foods.

#22 123glldd

123glldd

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I do want to say...this past couple months have been extremely hard on me and my husband. And I already had anxiety disorder...specificially about stomach sickness mostly. But I'm very close to my grandfather and he has alzheimers and end of november i was crying all the time thinking about that and i've been cutting toxic people out of my life on facebook...even family who i just know don't really care..we had a falling out with someone who was suppose to be a close friend.....I'm emotional as hell and i'm scared for my health....i go looking for preferably safe frozen food because it's easier to prepare and i can't find safe companies. I generally eat green giant broccoli and use a pressure cooker for carrots and cabbaage which is fine. I want more cauliflower etc and to try frozen spinach but can't find that in green giant and i don't trust bird's eye etc :(

#23 123glldd

123glldd

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound rude but you are really wrapped up in counting calcium and protein etc. How about calcium fortified OJ or So Delicious coconut milk or almond milk etc.

You said that you eat ground beef. How about making a hamburger and eating lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup etc. Fry some bacon to put on top...so many things to eat to be concentrated on a few foods.

And this as i said before is my issue....I'm unsure what caused the reaction in august. I was eating all kinds of things right left and center before that happened without issue. Including dairy. I don't touch almond milk because it's high in salicylic acid...same with tomato and ketchup etc orange juice would be good onlly for the fact the orange would be a nightmare for my stomach right now. It's high in acid content. I'm completely lost :(

#24 123glldd

123glldd

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Point being i'm not stupid..and i'm not avoiding this stuff for no reason....i have reasons.

#25 123glldd

123glldd

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

We have a can of libby's..or is it liddy's? i don't remember...pumpkin out in the cupboard. My stomach grumbles just thinking about taking a spoonful of it but i don't want to do it while already sick. Which seems to happen on and off all month..which was my original question....while healing is it normal to just...get random stomach discomfort without it being a reaction necessarily to anything in particular? I just want those stomach aches to stay away long enough for me to find out. I could try something now but i'm sick either from gluten or a virus of some kind right now.

#26 123glldd

123glldd

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Sorry I write so many messages instead of editing the previous post. I just figure it's easier in case someone is in the middle of replying and ends up missing the edit after they send their message. I am wondering if the diarrhea right now is more of a stress thing though. When i first started this thread I had to go again. I wasn't like that yesterday. It felt like when i use to get irritable bowel type pains. Not much came out and now i'm ok again after crying and my husband holding me. No pains or urge to go to the bathroom. I haven't eaten much food with substance to clump up my stool so i dunno if the loose bowels are really related to the other day or not.

#27 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Wendy, everything is going to be OKAY! Take a deep breath, go watch a movie or something with your husband. Sew or read or do something else. The Libby's pumpkin in safe. If you want to eat it, eat it. Go walk around your local health food store and get some yummy gluten free food. Enjoy Life products are safe for ALL allergens.

I feel for ya! Hang in there. You are ok!

I ate almost an entire bag of Hormel Pepperoni today..My stomach hurts was I glutened. NO. I am positive of it.... We have a bowel disease, sometimes we are just going to feel like crap no matter what we do but thats OKAY! :)

#28 123glldd

123glldd

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Wendy, everything is going to be OKAY! Take a deep breath, go watch a movie or something with your husband. Sew or read or do something else. The Libby's pumpkin in safe. If you want to eat it, eat it. Go walk around your local health food store and get some yummy gluten free food. Enjoy Life products are safe for ALL allergens.

I feel for ya! Hang in there. You are ok!

I ate almost an entire bag of Hormel Pepperoni today..My stomach hurts was I glutened. NO. I am positive of it.... We have a bowel disease, sometimes we are just going to feel like crap no matter what we do but thats OKAY! :)

Yeah i guess what confuses me is...will an irritated bowel disease cause upper abdominal pain between the ribs? My husband is going to run out now to get some lean ground beef for me to try eating with the fries. Just so I get something more...clumpy? I haven't eaten anything today and i'm only going to have a small bit. He is also going to pick up cauliflower for me to try. It's low in salicylic acid and i can get it fresh and cook it in the pressure cooker and freeze it till i feel better enough to try something new. Then I will try the pumpkin. It's just so frustrating when you don't know if you have a nightshade issue....a salicylic acid issue....a yeast issue....there was so many things that could have happened to me in august that it left me scratching my head. Everytime i had ketchup i got a heartburny feeling and when i'd eat jalapeno kettle chips my stool would be mucusy again..whether that is a nightshade intolerance..or just peppers....or just irritation while healling..NO idea but it left me with very little options and i've been struggling with this for the last few months it's very taxing on my emotional well being you know? :( I have enjoy life dark chocolate bars out there...i LOVE those but i stopped eating them when i cut out sugar due to possible yeast. I have no idea if i should try that and coconut milk soon or not....because of the sugar...but i definitely miss them :(

#29 123glldd

123glldd

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

p.s. me and hubby watched "Date with an Angel" (I'd never seen it before and i LOVED it) and Dumbo on Netflix last night and the night before..i hadn't seen Dumbo since I was a little girl. Perhaps tonight we'll watch Alice in Wonderland.

Also...we've decided to get a membership for costco finally. I recently got stressed about salmon because the local grocery store i question how safely they handle their fish. Found out a brand sold at costco is gluten free...pre package. 17 pound cases so i'm going for it. I want to have it at least twice a week.

#30 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Enjoy your dinner! You have a really sweet husband to go out and get all of that for you.
You are going to love Costco. They have a huge frozen fish isle and a lot of their Kirkland brand foods are marked gluten free.

You are going to be ok! Celiac sucks but it is what it is. We are going to have good days and bad days.

As far as the spicy chips, heck, those would make lots of people have stomach upset...maybe try the plain ones ;)

Hang in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: