Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Schar gluten-free Products In The Sarasota Area Of Florida

1 post in this topic

Those celiacs that shop for gluten-free foods at Florida grocery stores, anyone aware where Schar products are stocked? Thanks

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Kidney disease question
      Hi all,   I don't know whether kidney disease is celiac related or not but hopefully someone here can advise.
      I recently had a general blood test as I'd been feeling unwell. I think I've been glutened tbh but I also felt lethargic and out of sorts. I asked for thyroid and other levels to be checked. Frustratingly they didnt run the TTG - something I'm really down about. Anyway, The doctor looked at my test results and told me (via the receptionist) there was nothing to worry about. Given past experiences I requested a paper copy of the results and I found the following under the renal profile section:

Renal profile 142 (135-145)
      Serum Sodium 4.7 (3.5 5.3)
      Serum potassium 5.5 (2.5 - 7.5)
      Serum urea 93 (62 - 120)
      Serum creatinine 93 (62 - 120)
      GFR 77ml/min/1.73m^2 - STAGE 2: CKD only if other evidence of renal damage

The doctor is presumably happy with this but I'm a little concerned. Should I ask for a doctors appointment and perhaps a urine test? Is the GFR result on its own not sufficient reason to investigate further? 
      Many thanks for any advice you can offer

Matt 
    • Test Results
      Thank you, guys. I will let you know how it goes sometime after 8 a.m. on Tuesday morning. 
    • New to this gluten-free life
      This site has a lot of good info.  And you can get a free " care package"  which is fun. http://www.cureceliacdisease.org   this thread has some useful info -       
    • New to this gluten-free life
      So I just got diagnosed with celiacs and I felt like after all the testing and stuff I would finally get the information my fiancé and I so badly needed about what is wrong with me, but the doctor came in the room at our appt and spent about 15 minutes with us talking a little bit about cross contamination, then said I need to avoid gluten like i would arsenic then sent us on our way! So I guess I am looking for some good tips and information about what is really wrong with me! I know own it's an auto immune disease. I just feel scares because I am so uneducated about it and it's such a big change. I just want to know what to do and do it right so I feel better! 
    • News: Celiac.com: Tracking the current trends in the beer world
      That has the same name as one of my favourite beers from one of my favourite cities: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kölsch_(beer) IF it tastes the same I'd be sorely tempted!
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Jmg  »  admin

Hello Admin!
      I don't know whether this is of interest to post on your articles feed:
      http://pratt.duke.edu/about/news/window-guts-brain
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      · 2 replies
    • celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lfoisy