Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Silk Almond Milk

16 posts in this topic

I have recently went off of dairy and cannot tolerate soy, so I am looking for a milk substitute. I recently got glutened from Almond Breeze Almond Milk which was labeled as gluten free (I am pretty sensitive to cross contamination and found out after the fact that the product is milled through barley during processing). Have any of you been able to drink Silk Almond Milk without getting sick. It looks "safe" but I am scared to try it. Thank you!

I have recently went off of dairy and cannot tolerate soy, so I am looking for a milk substitute. I recently got glutened from Almond Breeze Almond Milk which was labeled as gluten free (I am pretty sensitive to cross contamination and found out after the fact that the product is milled through barley during processing). Have any of you been able to drink Silk Almond Milk without getting sick. It looks "safe" but I am scared to try it. Thank you!

I just bought this last week. So far no problems.

I switched from Almond breeze because it has Caregeenan (sp) in it and I seem to react to that.

ive been drinking silk almond milk for maybe a year now. never had a problem with it, i love it!

Thanks Jess and Sora. I've also been on the Silk Almond milk for about 2 weeks without any problems. It has guar gum, but I am choosing that over the carrageenan which is in all of the other almond milks. I appreciate your advice! J

We use Almond Breeze and Silk (whichever is on sale) with no apparent problems. But my son did appear to have a reaction to Rice Dream's rice milk. In case you are interested, super easy to make your own. Just blanch the almonds, slide off the skin, and do a 4:1 ratio almonds to water ratio in a good blender, then put through a nut milk bag. I like to add a little sweetener.

Where did you hear about Almond Breeze being milled through barley? What kind of evidence do you have?

I have never heard this, and all their products are gluten free per their website. I'm very sensitive and have no issues with Almond Breeze almond milk.

I have, however, reacted to Pacific, which also produces a gluten-containing multigrain milk on shared lines.

Yes please at least give us where you got the info about almond breeze being milled through milk. That's what I drink and use for a milk substitute. I think I have it every day. I'm not saying this because I automatically think it's safe, I honestly want to know where/how you heard that for my own safety.

Hi guys, just seeing this now...and I realize that I made a huge mistake in my initial post. I did NOT react to Almond Breeze, it was Almond Dream which, after the fact, through searching for other threads, learned is made one shared equipment with Rice Dream which is milled through barley. I wrote this post during a very bad period of brain fog!

I am very sorry for making this mistake in my initial post Cavernio,, chamomilelover, and all future readers.

To clarify, Almond Breeze is gluten free and should be safe for us. Silk almond milk is also gluten free.

:) We've all been there! Thanks for the post and hope you're feeling better!

i bought the silk almond milk and it didn't really agree with me for some reason, maybe it is one of the ingredients that bothered me.

I get the unsweetened Silk Almond Milk. slowly my family switched over to it too on their own. it makes the best smoothies with fresh or frozen fruit.

I have a wheat allergy tried Silk Almond Milk today for the first time and broke out in a rash!

I have a wheat allergy tried Silk Almond Milk today for the first time and broke out in a rash!

Silk Almond milk is not processed in a facility with wheat. I drank a lot of it for a month while doing a dairy free challenge for my arthritis.

Are you bothered by soy?

We  have  used  both  almond  breeze  &  silk  almond  milk...no problems  with  either  but  we  really like the  taste  of  Silk  almond  milk  better...

Me too, S-- it's delicious :)