Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Miracle Cat: A Happy Ending!

12 posts in this topic

You might remember about Novemeber 20 I posted that our scared, inside, cat disappeared. We searched the house and yard in the day and after dark. I called out the door for days. No cat. After a couple of weeks, we faced the reality: She was dead, or we were expeciting a miracle anyway. Keep in mind we had around zero weather and snowstorms shortly after her disappearance..

Most of the family took off on a trip to Florida. We returned on December 31st. At home, on the day we were to return, my son had gone out to do his chores around 5 pm. There was the cat, shaking in fear near the back door. He scooped her up and brought her in. What a happy ending to our Florida Trip!

The cat weighed in at half her previous weight.From 10 to 5lbs She felt bony and her long fur had suffered a little, but she was alive!

To update right away as of January 6. We gave her water and then small amounts of food frequently. She has already filled out a little. The day after she returned she lay around in the mudroom all day. The next day, she came out to ask for her breakfast. She is having normal energy yesterday, but normal includes much napping.

Rejoicing,

Diana

Ads by Google:

Wooooo!!!! That is awesome news! Hopefully she learned that adventures aren't all they're cracked up to be. Glad she seems to have weathered everything more or less okay, if a little boney.

Wooooo!!!! That is awesome news! Hopefully she learned that adventures aren't all they're cracked up to be. Glad she seems to have weathered everything more or less okay, if a little boney.

I think she is planning to market her Diet plan. It will be the next weight watchers, no doubt. She decided to repent (I guess) from her former business of selling chocolate. She is quite the enterprising cat. She is said to have noticed that her chocolate factory customers were quite fat and decided to capitalize on it!

I still wish I knew what ever happened to her the last month. If I could talk to the animals.

Hah! I have no desire to talk to cats. My husband's cat disappeared early this winter for a day and a half. Came back acting all like nothing happened. Only a cat.... inconsiderate jerk. <_<

We are well used to cat (and dog) disappearances and reappearances. The earthquakes sent a lot of them over the edge. Our neighbors' house was unlivable and they moved the family to Oz for a while. They found the dog (and the child :lol: ) but not the cat (this was a couple of weeks later) so had to leave Minnie behind. About four weeks later she showed up, looking much like your cat, but way too frightened to be able to comfort. We fed her as promised and eventually she gained weight, got her fur unmatted, and would let us touch her for a second or two before eating. That was two years ago. It seemed like every time there was a major aftershock it would come while Minnie was eating dinner, and she came to associate food with the earth moving. Poor baby!! But she is still here and we are still feeding her. Neighbors have returned to the village but after an abortive attempt to reunite them (there was another aftershock that night and she managed to find an open window) she found her way back to our (and her old) house two months later. So our neighbors bring food by once a week and they will start the rebuild of their house next month and just maybe the family will be reunited before the end of the year. Although it will be a tough sell with the dog, a rambunctious son and another baby!!

I just LOVE happy endings!! When I was a kid we had a cat that disappeared for several weeks. She came back well fed and smelling of perfume! She was a gorgeous white angora, and I think some lady decided to keep her as an indoor cat. She must have escaped eventually, and she came home.

Then there was my cat, Don't Jump. She was a half grown kitten who belonged to the neighbor. She used to spend most of her time with me, and the neighbor wanted to give her and her sisters away, but my husband wouldn't let me have a cat. Well, one day she disappeared. The little boy next door said she "fell in the pond and ran off". I was heartbroken. It was about three or four weeks later that I heard a cat at my window one morning. I KNEW it was her. My husband said, "No, that's Bass Bait" (her identical sister), but I KNEW it was her. I ran outside and scooped her up and noticed Bass Bait was in the yard. I brought her in the house and told my husband, "She's MY cat now! I'm sorry, but I'm not giving her up."

He relented, and eventually he came to love her almost as much as I did.

Great news!

Yay! Silly kittehs always thinking the outdoors are going to be fun! No little kittehs! Stay where it is warm and loving!!

Great!

My fluffy monster says stay indoors too and sends moggy purrs :)

Yeah, right, like you can tell a cat what to do :) :)

So glad to hear she's okay. How is she doing now? My cat is completely declawed and indoors 99% of the time, if not more. He used to try to escape but never got far. Vehicles are loud enough to send him running to the door begging to get back in the house. I would be a mess if I couldnt find him. Happy to hear the great news for your family.

Thanks, she is well. She has gained 2 of the 5 lbs she lost back. She is acting almost as independent as usual, but strangly allows one of my daughters to hold her occassionally. Maybe she heard we were thinking about a ragdoll cat. She wouldn't even let me pick her up to get her to the feeding station! That is normal for her.