1 reply to this topic

#1 edmundt

edmundt

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

I have very recenly been confirmed with 'strong evidence' (Drs words) with Celiac disease .. I've had an EGD Endoscopy .. a Gastric Emptying Retention Study .. and Celiac disease blood test. I've been suffering fro cronic hiccups since earlyI May 2012 .. they have been stready occurring like 2-3you days on and then 1-3 or so days off .. they seem to be triggered shortly after I eat 1/2 hr -to 2 hrs or begin to exercise within same time limit after eating .. it can get pretty rough as most recently I have started to like burp to clear out an stomach full or air / feeling bloated .. I usually don't get gassy .. at any rate .. I've just started practicing a glutten free diet .. hiccups and burping erdge have seemed to ease up .. today going on 3 days though .. hopefully they'll eventually cease! As they're killing me! .. Has anyone else here had simular symptoms with hiccups triggered by burping erdge? .. Thanks and goodyou health toissues all !! Edmundt .. 1-6-13

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

You know, I hadn't thought about it, but I used to get hiccups like that. I would bite into a piece of fresh lemon to get rid of them, but they'd be back withing an hour or two. This would go on for several days, then I'd be OK for a week or so. Then they'd be back. I never noticed what triggered them, but since going gluten-free, I don't seem to get them anymore. I can't even remember the last time I had them!

If yours DO come back, try the lemon. It was the ONLY thing that worked for me. And here's hoping that the gluten-free diet cures yours too. They can be downright PAINFUL!

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: