4 replies to this topic

#1 scottyg354

scottyg354

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Ok guys I have been on and off with this gluten thing for a while. I have hypothyroid that can't seem to ever be properly regulated. Been at it for two years (currently on 4 grains of armour). My bowels have been jacked up since my late teens/early twenties (now 28). Recently I started developing chest pains and shortness of breath. Had a halter and EKG which came back good, going for a stess test tommorow. Chest pain seems to be brought on when I eat certain things, I really can't pinpoint it right to gluten. Yesterday I felt good, then last night I ate some chinese food and that was it, I litterally thought I was going to have a heart attack. Laid in bed all night with a rapid heart beat, palps, chest pain, anxiety. I have had the celiac panel (no biopsy), colonoscopy, ANA titer all normal. I do have low vitamin d. Never had iron or anything checked. B12 was in mid range. Not sure what else to think. Any thoughts?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GlutenFreeIsTheBest

GlutenFreeIsTheBest

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Sounds just like me! My mother had all the thyroid issues, but I had all the other symptoms...the heart stuff showed up around age 30. I went on a strict gluten free diet (you can't ever cheat!) and all my symptoms went away!

Have you been tested for Hashimoto's disease? It's an autoimmune disease and celiac disease is also...from what I've read online if you have one you have a good chance of having the other.

Hope this helps!

#3 scottyg354

scottyg354

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Sounds just like me! My mother had all the thyroid issues, but I had all the other symptoms...the heart stuff showed up around age 30. I went on a strict gluten free diet (you can't ever cheat!) and all my symptoms went away!

Have you been tested for Hashimoto's disease? It's an autoimmune disease and celiac disease is also...from what I've read online if you have one you have a good chance of having the other.

Hope this helps!

My Thyroglubulin Antibodies were at 68 last time I had them checks range was (0-40). So, yes I believe I do have Hashi's

#4 scottyg354

scottyg354

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Anyone else experience stuff like this? Really starting to get annoying.

#5 Liquidceliac

Liquidceliac

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Check this out, I had stopped eating soy before Xmas ( in nov),because my tests showed I'm allergic.Thus meant almost all breads ,and similar products to gluten.Anyways Xmas comes around and I ate a few donuts,cinnamon roles,cake.Like the next day my body started shutting down.Muscle tension neck,shoulders,back and irregular heart beat,shortness of breath,cold hands and feet ,super tired,sinuses flared up.I cut out all gluten its been 6days and my shortness of breath has subsided,my heartbeat has leveled off, and all my muscle tension has let up but in exchange I have pain everywhere where I was tense.Kinda like good pain like the muscles have a good hurting feeling like their glad the tension is released snd seems their healing now.I still tired but a better tired like when I sleep it makes a difference instead of that waking up with s nervous feeling.And my hand and feet are warm today snd it was -22 in Montreal today go figure.Im going to doc Wednesday and I'm going to have my thyroid checked but regardless I'm sticking with this gluten free diet another month see where it takes me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: