11 replies to this topic

#1 razzle51

razzle51

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

well after trail and error and 2 more test I do not have celiac ... yipppeeeeeeeeeeee

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Ya know...I may get in trouble here for this but that is one of the rudest comments that I have ever read on here. Glad that you don't have celiac but the rest of us here do. I am currently glutened and feeling like crap so nice way to rub it in.....good going!!

#3 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

You know, Mo....I sort of thought that at first, too.

But then I thought....We always want to know what the results are with the people we help on here....maybe he/she just thought we would like to know that. And, who among us wouldn't like to not have Celiac?

Of course, Celiac is a definitive answer for why someone feels ill. Now this poor person has no idea why he is having the issues he has. Maybe he is NCGI? Maybe he has a parasitic infection? Maybe cancer? Maybe Chrohn's? Worse things than Celiac.

So to Razzle51 - I'm sorry that the doctors have not found out what is causing your medical issues. I hope they continue to search for the problem and find a good solution for you and you return to good health soon.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Congratulations! :) I hope you figure out soon, and consider non-celiac gluten sensitivity if you continue to have problems.
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'm not sure what to say exactly. There is nothing quite like being deathly ill and having all the tests say you are in perfect health. What tests did they do precisely?

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

True..true...So sorry, I hope that you feel better soon and get to the root of your health issues.

#7 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

I am delighted for you. Be sure to hang around and ask questions if you think gluten-free might help. I have a diagnosis of NCGI and feel way better on a gluten-free diet. I hope you get to the bottom of things.

Good luck

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#8 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Yeah, I was actually happy to be diagnosed with Celiac because I at least knew what the problem was FINALLY after 10+ years of suffering and could get on the track of feeling better. Sorry you don't have the answer yet.

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

Diagnosed Pituitary Prolactinoma 12.2012

Low Cortisol/Possible Addison's Disease 02.2013

Maybe one day I will feel "normal" again. <3

#9 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

well, I was going to say pretty much what Karen said, so I'll just say

"what karen said"

and since I went most of my life not knowing why I felt so bad, had horrible symptoms progress in the last 10 years and pretty much was ready to die, I am one of the few people who said :

"I have Celiac! Hot damn! whoohoo!"

because I knew I had an answer and I could get well.

And, I have to add this cautionary note: sometimes, despite the negative testing results, if it walks like a duck and acts like a duck.....

(my celiac blood panel was negative and that set me up for 2 more years of living hell)

It may not be celiac, but the gluten intolerance spectrum is pretty wide.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#10 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

well, I was going to say pretty much what Karen said, so I'll just say

"what karen said"

and since I went most of my life not knowing why I felt so bad, had horrible symptoms progress in the last 10 years and pretty much was ready to die, I am one of the few people who said :

"I have Celiac! Hot damn! whoohoo!"

because I knew I had an answer and I could get well.

And, I have to add this cautionary note: sometimes, despite the negative testing results, if it walks like a duck and acts like a duck.....

(my celiac blood panel was negative and that set me up for 2 more years of living hell)

It may not be celiac, but the gluten intolerance spectrum is pretty wide.

That is sort of why I asked what tests were done. Sometimes a duck is a duck is a duck. I don't care if the tests tell you a duck isn't a duck, if a duck is staring you in the eyes, it doesn't matter what a piece of paper says. You would be a moron to say, hey, that ain't no duck!

ETA: Also, once I got my head out of my ever too ample backside, I was thrilled to have an answer. I was thrilled to not have to be on a half dozen drugs with 4 dozen side effects worse than how sick I already was. All I had to do was stop eating gluten. Simple. (Bwahahaha!)

Edited by Adalaide, 07 January 2013 - 02:08 PM.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#11 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

I was relieved to find I had celiac. I liked having an explanation for 30 years of fatigue and a way out. Yeah, I would have been glad if I didn't have to follow the diet, but I would be back to square one of what to do next. I just hope that you Razzle51 will find the keys to your health struggle and be able to do something about it.

Diana

#12 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

I think I was more scared of getting a negative/borderline diagnosis because theres nothing worse than not knowing for sure, especially with all these false negatives people get which I keep reading about. At least with a dx of celiac or if you've worked out you're a NCGI then you've got something you can deal with.

I'm still new to all this but hope you find out whats causing your symptoms Razzle...may even be worth going gluten free for a while to see if things improve or try an elimination diet (I'm sure you"ll find loads of info on here on how to go about it).

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: