25 replies to this topic

#16 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

I tested negative for blood antibodies at 2 weeks post gluten also. I remained "gluten free" but several weeks later, I tested positive. I did have some inssues with cross contamaination and surprise sources of gluten between the tests.

I forgot to mention that I have had many of the symptoms you mentioned having had. Fatigue, rosy cheeks, and cold hands and feet are among them. I can't see your list to continue the comparison.

I hope you will get some definative answers and will have the strength to overcome your problems.

Diana

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 anonymous_123

anonymous_123

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I tested negative for blood antibodies at 2 weeks post gluten also. I remained "gluten free" but several weeks later, I tested positive. I did have some inssues with cross contamaination and surprise sources of gluten between the tests.

I forgot to mention that I have had many of the symptoms you mentioned having had. Fatigue, rosy cheeks, and cold hands and feet are among them. I can't see your list to continue the comparison.

I hope you will get some definative answers and will have the strength to overcome your problems.

Diana

thanks diana. did you ask the dr to repeat the test? or did your dr recommend repeating the test 2 weeks later? how come you can't see the rest of my list of symptoms in my post?

#18 jhol

jhol

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

hi lil lil
im relatively new here and my symptoms are similar to yours, i was tested negative for celiac, but im convinced im wheat intolerant since reading all these posts. i too was eating everything "wholewheat" and think my body has just had enough of it. my doc is sending me for allergy testing - but it takes ages here on the nhs.

ive decided im going to do a wheat and dairy free trial, im just gathering everything im gonna need to do it for a month so i cant cheat.lol. ive even got some vanicream soap and lotion to see if i can get rid of this rash on my face. most people here seem to have a problem with dairy as well as wheat - maybe your lactose free cheese could have caused your sinus problems,the casein maybe? ( someone whos been here longer could possibly explain that a bit better) or could it have contained soy - that seems to be a problem for some as well . hope you manage to get things sorted , good luck.

#19 anonymous_123

anonymous_123

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

hi lil lil
im relatively new here and my symptoms are similar to yours, i was tested negative for celiac, but im convinced im wheat intolerant since reading all these posts. i too was eating everything "wholewheat" and think my body has just had enough of it. my doc is sending me for allergy testing - but it takes ages here on the nhs.

ive decided im going to do a wheat and dairy free trial, im just gathering everything im gonna need to do it for a month so i cant cheat.lol. ive even got some vanicream soap and lotion to see if i can get rid of this rash on my face. most people here seem to have a problem with dairy as well as wheat - maybe your lactose free cheese could have caused your sinus problems,the casein maybe? ( someone whos been here longer could possibly explain that a bit better) or could it have contained soy - that seems to be a problem for some as well . hope you manage to get things sorted , good luck.

thanks jhol! i hope you can manage your symptoms as well and i also wish you luck. i'll take a look at the cheese. i hadn't thought of that. it does say lactose and gluten free on the cheese.

#20 anonymous_123

anonymous_123

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

so my tummy has been torn up since eating that peanut butter granola bar and that soup from the pizza place with the noodles in it. i had it two days ago and my tummy still hasn't settled down. ugh!

#21 anonymous_123

anonymous_123

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

is whole grain rice ok if it says it is gluten free? or could the whole grain cause issues too? i'm so confused now.

what about going to the dentist if i am feeling run down? i really need to get my cleaning done and i have a filling that needs to be redone, but i've been putting it off for the past two years due to feeling like crap. any advice?

also, thoughts on doing a detox cleanse?

are these enzymes enough to help me? i take country life's tropical papaya enzyme.

it's been really difficult figuring out a diet. i've been living on eggs, whole grain gluten free rice cakes w/natural peanut butter (again not sure if the whole grain made from rice in the rice cakes are bad for my tummy or not if i have a wheat intolerance??), soups, salads, bananas, apples, almonds, chicken, other veggies like brocolli rabe, asparagus, etc. i'm not really sure what else won't irritate my belly. any advice on other snacks if i have gluten, wheat, yeast intolerance?

on a positive note....i think eating no carbs has helped with pms symptoms greatly....less cramps, less bloating, less irritability, etc. i noticed a big difference. i still felt weak and dizzy though.

thanks.

#22 anonymous_123

anonymous_123

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

thanks jhol! i hope you can manage your symptoms as well and i also wish you luck. i'll take a look at the cheese. i hadn't thought of that. it does say lactose and gluten free on the cheese.

also forgot to mention, i feel the same as you in that i got a negative test result to celiac but i do believe i also have a very strong intolerance. i just hope i can manage this so it doesn't get worse.

#23 jhol

jhol

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

just to say

ive also noticed more of a reaction when ive eaten something wholegrain rather than the "white" version.wholegrain tortillas make me feel odd and kinda spaced out.
i was thinkin of starting a new post on the subject but was worried the long term celiacs might shout for askin a really dumb question :unsure: lol. anyway shouldnt be a problem soon when i do my gluten challenge hopefully :rolleyes:

#24 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

No dumb questions here, well worth a new thread. I would be interested too :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#25 anonymous_123

anonymous_123

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

k well i decided to try a cleanse/detox that i was speaking about in my thread and well i feel like crap. i did it for four days and had to stop. won't be doing that again. now it will probably take me like 2 weeks to recover. i think if i am ever going to detox, i will do it with whole foods and not a boxed supplement. it said it was gluten free so i thought it might be ok, but apparantly my body didn't think so.

#26 jhol

jhol

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

hi

i did gluten and dairy free for 3days and felt brighter and lighter- dont know if that makes sense but i cant describe it any other way. i even found myself joining in conversations at work and having a bit of a laugh!!!!! :rolleyes: the rash on my palms seemed smoother and i thought my face seemed clearer. but - had tea at a friends(wed night) and hadnt told her wot i was doing, so ate cheese and onion pie :blink: so by fri -hands all dry and flakey and face all blotchy again. dont know if i imagined it or not, but im definitely gonna stick with it just to see if it makes a difference..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: