Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Newbie Here - Plenty Of Problems

3 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

Im 22 year old male from Australia and have been having problems with my stomach for about 8 years! Over the past 18 months things have goten worse and I have developed new intolerances which I don't think fit into the Celiac folder,

I'm finally getting tested for Celiac disease after years of pain, so hopefully I will have a diagnosis I can deal with! The last few docs have said Irritable Bowel or "I don't know, you must have had a bug" Very frustrating, I'm sure you have all had similar experiences.

Very recently (promoting my trip to the doc today) I have been experiencing a severe lack of energy, I've been getting out of breath just getting out of bed or walking up the stairs. then my heart races for a few mins.

My intolerances include

Red Meat (in large enough doses eg. a steak)

Rice - both white and brown

Anything deep fried or oily

When I eat enough of any of these foods I get bloated, stomach pains, occasionally diarrhea and sometimes a red patchy rash on my hands and arms.

I'd really appreciate any advice or help you could give me!

Thanks for your time.

Omg, you sound like me, except Im female and 24. Im just now getting to my new doctor(who listens) to see if he can run some blood work. In the past when I went(17yo), they treated me like I was a hypochondriac! I felt SO belittled that I never went back. One doctor did want to diagnose me with Fibromyalgia(20yo), but because I didn't want to take the antidepressants that she wanted to prescribe me, she said that I didn't want to receive treatment!!! It's very aggravating to be so young and to be treated like that. I feel like I've been suffering my whole life. I can't get to the doctors until the 22nd, so for now Im just hanging in there. Im also going to do some testing from enterolab to see if I have any other intolerances/allergies other than gluten as well, so I can eliminate those as well when I change my diet. Maybe you should check that out?( I too get the most annoying itchy skin ever, with little bumps and blister like pimples(only a couple random ones on my body) and it's after I've had glutenous foods. Beer REALLY makes my skin flare up head to toe-but it burns for a few days and then gets itchy. I also get very winded...going up the stairs, getting up from a sitting/laying position, standing too heart races and I have to catch my breath. Im not sure if it's related either. I hope you feel better and start finding answers soon too!! :)

I recall having problems making it up the stairs at seemingly random times. I also had total lack of energy. I was deficient in many nutrients. Carefully selected supplements, recommended by my chiropractor helped me with those problems. I think that celiac was a main root of my malabsorption and poor health.

I hope you will find some answers and fast. What you are going through isn't the funnest! Get well.