3 replies to this topic

#1 Zibby

Zibby

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Is there any relief for upper stomach bloating? I have GI not celiac disease (as far as I know) and ate some gluten-free potato chips and my upper stomach blew up like a balloon. :( I'll be talking to a doctor soon about other intolerances. But in the mean time, are there any suggestions to relieve the bloating? I took some Gaviscon which helps with the indigestion but the bloating stays andit makes it more difficult to breathe with the fullness. I took a Zantac 150 earlier but it didn't help at all.

Thanks for your help!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dreacakes

dreacakes

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Was there rice flour in the potato chips? Rice always makes me bloat. I avoid all grains now, my tummy is so much happier!
Also, if they were fried in industrial seed oils, like sunflower and canola, those all cause inflammation in the GI tract (because of the high omega 6 content and of course canola is almost always GMO.)

Eating as close to a whole foods diet as you can is the best thing you can do.
This book, if you haven't read it, is really really awesome and the diet is GREAT for healing leaky gut:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/145169914X

Hope you feel better! :)
Debilitating tendonitis in both arms in 2003, at age 23, declared "permanent and stationary" by workman's comp doctors.
Fibromyalgia diagnosis in 2010.
Mild hyperthyroidism diagnosis 2011.
Disc Degeneration diagnosis 2012.
Life long battle with hypoglycemia.
Gluten Free since 2010. On Paleo-type diet since May 2011.
Suffered years of brain fog, back spasms, nausea, and recurring connective tissue pain and injuries. After years of misdiagnosis, I did my own elimination diet and discovered a severe reaction to wheat gluten and casein. After going on a grain free, nightshade free, Paleo-ish diet, my symptoms are nearly gone, and I FINALLY KICKED THE BRAIN FOG!
Cheers to health! <3

#3 Zibby

Zibby

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Was there rice flour in the potato chips? Rice always makes me bloat. I avoid all grains now, my tummy is so much happier!
Also, if they were fried in industrial seed oils, like sunflower and canola, those all cause inflammation in the GI tract (because of the high omega 6 content and of course canola is almost always GMO.)

Eating as close to a whole foods diet as you can is the best thing you can do.
This book, if you haven't read it, is really really awesome and the diet is GREAT for healing leaky gut:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/145169914X

Hope you feel better! :)

Thank you for your reply! No, the potato chips were baked Lays so no rice. Dried potatoes, corn oil, corn starch, salt, soy lecithen, sugar and corn sugar. I'm having a really tough time eating healthy. I have always been a picky eater and ate a lot of junk food and processed foods growing up. I don't have an acquired taste for most veggies. Thank you for the book reference! I can't believe the Kindle version is 13.00, geez! lol I'll still check it out though. :)

Congrats on your signature milestones! Do you still suffer from Fibromyalgia?

#4 dreacakes

dreacakes

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Ahhh, sneaky corn! A lot of folks around here have corn sensitivities too, myself included. That's totally one that worth doing an elimination diet to see if you're sensitive to.

You know, I didn't used to like too many veggies either. My mom always complained about it! lol. But once I changed my diet, my palate changed some too. Now I even crave kale and cauliflower sometimes, it's weird. All of those processed foods are just addictive I think.
But even minus the processed foods, you can still eat really yummy things. Right now I'm making some chicken drumettes with a honey, mustard, and goat butter glaze.... They're killer!

And thank you! My fibromyalgia is way, way better than it used to be. It doesn't bother me unless I eat something weird.
Debilitating tendonitis in both arms in 2003, at age 23, declared "permanent and stationary" by workman's comp doctors.
Fibromyalgia diagnosis in 2010.
Mild hyperthyroidism diagnosis 2011.
Disc Degeneration diagnosis 2012.
Life long battle with hypoglycemia.
Gluten Free since 2010. On Paleo-type diet since May 2011.
Suffered years of brain fog, back spasms, nausea, and recurring connective tissue pain and injuries. After years of misdiagnosis, I did my own elimination diet and discovered a severe reaction to wheat gluten and casein. After going on a grain free, nightshade free, Paleo-ish diet, my symptoms are nearly gone, and I FINALLY KICKED THE BRAIN FOG!
Cheers to health! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: