Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Free And Depressed..

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I'm new here and I was just hoping to get some advice on what is wrong with me.

I went gluten free (after being negative for celiac) about six months ago after having a lot of problems and it helped immensely- all of my problems went away, but I got cc'd a few times and then things never got better..

I was becoming intolerant to things i ate a lot and i figured I may have leaky gut so i went on a rotation diet to heal it. I was finally seeing some improvement, but then out of the blue I became constipated. My stomach ballooned up and i felt horrible I couldn't eat because I was so full and eventually i had to take a laxative to get rid of it. Unfortunately though my symptoms have not really gone away

I now have a constant bloated stomach. It doesn't matter if i do or don't eat it will be bloated. When i was having food intolerance problems it would go down if I didn't eat anything I'm sensitive to but now it is always there. It goes from the top half of my abdomen to the bottom. I am not constipated however I feel like I am not completely emptying my bowels...

I also always feel full, i burp a lot when i eat I get flatulence especially when I wake up and after i eat and my food just sort of sits in my stomach. It often comes out undigested

Does anyone know what this might be? I'm really depressed at this point because every time I start getting better something else comes up to bite me... I'm scared that even if i figure this out that something else will happen and it will never end. I have become very underweight since this all started and I'm very scared to go on diets. I've become intolerant to most of the high calorie foods from my leaky gut...

Any help would be appreciated

Ads by Google:

I can't dx'd you but here is a suggestion.

Have you tried digestive enzymes & Probiotics? I use Digest Gold for my enzyme & I like Dr. O'Hirra probiotic 12 professional formula .. One should not take the same probiotic for a lengthy time but swap to another brand or two .....but to start I like Dr. O'Hirra's.....

just a thought

I can't dx'd you but here is a suggestion.

Have you tried digestive enzymes & Probiotics? I use Digest Gold for my enzyme & I like Dr. O'Hirra probiotic 12 professional formula .. One should not take the same probiotic for a lengthy time but swap to another brand or two .....but to start I like Dr. O'Hirra's.....

just a thought

Thanks for the reply :) I actually have been taking digestive enzymes for a while now with every meal, but it hasn't made much difference and probiotics haven't either unfortunately =\

Make sure you haven't added something to your diet that has agravated gluten or other intolerances. My tummy bloat was constant, next swung form high to low, and currently is debloating. In the meanwhile I have been grain free for 7 months, began digestive enzymes, and vitamin B recently.

I hope you will get it straightened out. I like babies, but I hate to be taken for pregnant when I am not. I guess that would be especially sad for males!

You say that you are bloated whether or not you eat, which makes me suggest that you talk to a doctor. There may be non-digestive issues going on which are giving you your digestive symptoms.

Thanks so much for the replies guys.

I'm not sure if it would be another intolerance or something.. I have been rotating food so I never eat the same thing for 4 days and my stomach is the same every day and the only grain i eat is rice =\ i could try cutting it out though. i did notice i sometimes have reactions to fruit, but most of the time i don't and it can be with low or high fodmaps.. so i don't really know what that means.. I've tried to make an appointment with a gastro as well, but they all just took off for a month for holidays and even though i faxed an urgent referral to them over a month ago i still apparently don't have an appointment.

My ultrasounds and xrays have been fine and I found a really good naturopathy clinic online but they have been closed as well until next week. I have ordered a test for SIBO just recently which I am doing at home (or else i would have to wait 3 months for a test >< so happy they have the at home option) and hopefully that will show something. The only person i've been able to see is a doctor who gave me an antacid, but i just ignored it.. not really looking for any quick fixes. I'm considering going to a gyno as well because my mum told me about something called endometriosis which can (uncommonly) grow on the intestines and honestly (TMI sorry) when i am menstruating the pain is comparable to when my appendix burst inside my stomach... I don't think i have it, but i want to rule everything out since doctors aren't any help. Man I can't believe I thought it was just "go gluten free and get better" doctors should really warn people about this stuff!

Sorry for posting my life story lol! if anyone has experience with anything i've mentioned or any more suggestions for me I'd be glad to hear it =]

It is entirely appropriate to check on the idea of endometriosis, that's a good avenue to explore.

Hopefully you get some answers and start feeling better soon!