Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Server Upgrade - Possible Log In Issues

33 posts in this topic

Please note that we upgraded to a new server, and it is possible that some users will have log in issues. Be sure to clear your cookies, and it is possible (though unlikely) that you may need to also do a "DNS Flush" on your computer. To do this on a windows machine click start, search for "run" and the run the run program that if finds, and in the blank field put in and run this command:

ipconfig /flushdns

Please report any issues you have here.

Scott

Ads by Google:

I am finding that posts do not become unmarked after I have read them

Thanks Mw

When i come into the forum by clicking "forum" on the main c. com page, It says "oops! couldn't find that page" or something like that. You can then click on the top blue stripe with the C. com at the top

When i come into the forum by clicking "forum" on the main c. com page, It says "oops! couldn't find that page" or something like that. You can then click on the top blue stripe with the C. com at the top

I also see that on both of my computers.

I am no longer receiving notifications of posts on threads I've subscribed to, although that option is checked off under my settings. How do I remedy this?

The board was moved to a new server early Wednesday. The last time we did this, a similar question was answered:

I have been told that email board notifications will begin again once you have marked your watched topics as read (past tense). I assume that if you mark the entire board as read all email notifications will begin again.

I am still finding that posts are not appearing as read after I have read them. I am able to mark all as read and clear the board, but it is not working for individual posts.

Any suggestions?

I can't reproduce the issue with posts not getting marked read. Perhaps you should try clicking the bottom-right Mark Community Read and it will mark everything read. Also try deleting all cookies and browsing info.

Take care,

Scott

We did have an email issue, which should now be fixed.

The board was moved to a new server early Wednesday. The last time we did this, a similar question was answered:

Thanks, Peter. I somehow managed to miss it.

I still can't get the board on my laptop :(

I still can't get the board on my laptop :(

If you are getting the "Down for Maintenance" message, your DNS info is out of date. I tried flushing DNS, restarting the computer, the router, and the modem--no joy. I spent most of an hour on the phone with India, and eventually learned that the default DNS server wired into my modem was outdated. A DNS server that has current data is located at IP 4.2.2.2--I had to override the Bell-supplied default in my router.

Oh goodie.

For now I just click on new content which bypasses the error message on the main forum page.

From there I can click on the blue link back to main forum page.

That probably isnt clear - sorry sending from kindle/mobile version

Is anyone else having issues with posts not being marked as read after you read them?

Scott

I have not had that problem on laptop (both chrome & firefox) nor mobile.

Anyone else?

I noticed that if you read a post, then use the back button it will show unread, but that is because you are viewing a cached old page. If you hit refresh or f5 it will reload the current page, and it is marked as read.

Scott

I have used F5 a few times myself during this flip. Many others may not have needed it with the last.

Long way of saying - F5 can help.

Looks like the link from the maon page hasn't changes? Now, if I try to get to the forum thru the celiac. com main page I get this :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /celiac_test/pages.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks - I am using the mobile site. If I go back to the main topics via the blue and white square button rather than using the phone back button it marks things as read.

Cheers Mw

Looks like the link from the maon page hasn't changes? Now, if I try to get to the forum thru the celiac. com main page I get this :

Forbidden

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I get this on laptop and Full Version on Cell/Kindle - none of the work-arounds are working for me this AM.

Mobile version is working

I get this on laptop and Full Version on Cell/Kindle - none of the work-arounds are working today.

Mobile version is working

try www. celiac.com/gluten-free

or google" celiac forum"

try www. celiac.com/gluten-free

or google" celiac forum"

Both worked -- Thanks K!

I too am having trouble getting to the forum.

This should be fixed now.

Forbidden