1 reply to this topic

#1 cavernio

cavernio

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

I had this at my sister's awhile back because after calling up nestle they said they'd be gluten free because the label would say otherwise if they did, and I felt fine then.
So I bought some, (strawberry and rolo) at home and now I notice that I don't feel very good after having them.
Since I have nebulous reactions to gluten itself, I'm wondering what it is in their products that disagrees with me. I've probably avoided almost all products that say artificial flavoring as a matter of course in avoiding gluten, so that could be it, or I'm wondering if there is indeed gluten hidden in the product.
I only asked the company about gluten and not dairy, even though I have issues with dairy too, because I figure the same rules apply to gluten as dairy in terms of labelling

Anyone have any reactions specifically do nestle syrups and if so, what do you think it is that's in them?
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Dairy is a priority allergen in Canada and a FALCPA allergen in the US. It's presence can not, by law, be hidden. It must be clearly disclosed using the word "milk."
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: