4 replies to this topic

#1 123glldd

123glldd

Advanced Community Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

So I was looking for low salicylic acid AND gluten free toothpaste today. I was on the reye's syndrome website and they listed colate watermelon toothpaste as being low sal. So I call and I'm told today that ALL of colgate's toothpastes are "certified gluten free". This was the first i'd heard of it but i'm sitting here nervous because i saw something on another website as of last year saying only their original flavors were gluten free. What I have here is the kids watermelon flavor toothpaste. Anyone know for sure? I dunno if the girl knew what she was saying because i'd never heard of them being certified gluten free and i checked GFCO and didn't see them listed...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Unless something has recently changed, all Colgate toothpastes (and all Crest toothpastes) are gluten-free.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 123glldd

123glldd

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I had read on another page that their original flavor was gluten free as of 2011 so I became worried...

#4 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

When referring to gluten-free status of things, "as of" often means that was when the information was verified, and should not be taken to indicate a change in status. A statement that a specific product is or is not gluten-free refers to that specific product only. So--my take--in 2011, somebody asked about Colgate Original, and shared the answer they got.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

So I call and I'm told today that ALL of colgate's toothpastes are "certified gluten free". This was the first i'd heard of it but i'm sitting here nervous because i saw something on another website as of last year saying only their original flavors were gluten free.

Wendy, direct information from a company surpasses any information that you may find on the 'internet'. And if you find a customer representative that you are not confident with, call again and ask more questions. I have found that the number on the back of any product, to be a very useful item. And I have also found that every customer rep I have spoken to has been wonderfully helpful. At some time you need to be confindent in your choices, either by product reading, company information or personal experience, or all of the above. :) You can do it!
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: