5 replies to this topic

#1 Liquidceliac

Liquidceliac

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

After a heavy spell of symptoms right after Xmas from eating angel food cake(real whipped cream,donuts,cinammon roles) my body shut down.It took a few days though of symptom after symptom.It started with a neck tension,upper back,shoulder tension.Then heart was irregular,shortness of breath,slight wheezing snd little cough,and cold hand/feet plus tired.Well as you all know I went to docs yesterday feeling pretty good but described all my symptoms that have been affecting me all year 2012.Digestion problems (constipated ,or opposite,smelly BM like sour milk,sinus issues,allergy issues,muscle pains etc.He mentionned celiac.Long story short Ive been off gluten two weeks,been feeling pretty good so I decided yesterday ,hey ill have a coffee(I quit that to last week).I always take 1 cream,1sugar with coffee.I ended up waking up again slightly nervous (had coffee at 1pmorevious day).Today I feel weird and had that sour milk breath and I'm constipated again plus real gassy.But only today? And I are fruit plus pounded water for breakfast.I felt better eating saloman and broccoli for lunch.My question is can a milk allergy kick in only the next day and can it cause the above symptoms I mentionned? Because I know I didn't eat gluten yesterday or the day before? Makes sense to anyone here? I'm confused? I didn't super flare up like at Xmas but had mini symptoms?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hi LiquidC,

It is possible you are having a reaction to dairy as well as having celiac. Many celiacs have lactose intolerance at first because the damage to the villi in the gut impairs the ability to produce lactase enzyme. The lactase enzyme made by the villi is what digests the dairy sugar (lactose). Without lactase the bacteria thrive and cause GI symptoms.

You could also have a casein intolerance, or a milk allergy.

Or you could just be having an off day.

If you want to test your reaction to dairy, you can eliminate all dairy for a week or two. If you are feeling better then, go ahead and try some dairy and see what happens.

You can also ask your doctor to do a lactose intolerance test and or a dairy allergy test.

We end up using our own bodies to test foods a lot. They don't pay us any money to run food tests on our bodies but the don't charge us anything either. So you can do these kinds of test on any foods. You could do a search on elimination diet on this site and find more ideas about them.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#3 StephanieL

StephanieL

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

If it was not immediate, it would be considered an intolerance. As stated, it very well could be a dairy issue because of Celiac damage or a dairy intolerance all of it's own.

#4 Liquidceliac

Liquidceliac

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

What happens us ill drink a coffee with cream then ill get that caffiene rush.hours later sometime the next day ill get the sour milk taste I'm my mouth,tense muscles ,gassy, lethargic

#5 Lima Bean

Lima Bean

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Maybe skip the caffiene for a few weeks?

#6 Findin my way

Findin my way

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

What happens us ill drink a coffee with cream then ill get that caffiene rush.hours later sometime the next day ill get the sour milk taste I'm my mouth,tense muscles ,gassy, lethargic

That certainly sounds like a casein issue. I get all of that, minus the sour milk taste, when I have dairy. I just don't have dairy anymore. There are all kinds of milk alternatives on the market now, so I really don't miss it. Cheese on the other hand....

As for my morning coffee I use a coconut creamer. It's specially designed for coffee. It doesn't taste like coconut. There are soy versions also. I can't do soy, so that's why I use the coconut one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: