4 replies to this topic

#1 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I am feeling like complete and utter crap today. I feel glutened. Migraine, swollen intestines, look 6 mo pg. joint pain..I am having gas and when it feels like I have to go, all I get is mucus.

I know it was not the best thing to eat after being glutened but I made some betty crocker brownies and iced them with betty crocker frosting. I just ate a huge one with some water and now I have fluid filled blisters or sores inside my mouth by my lips. Does this sound like it's still from reacting to gluten or does this sound soy like?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

I don't know, but I DID have that instant mouth blister thing happen to me while eating Hagen Daz chocolate ice cream once. It is gluten-free, corn-free and soy-free, so I just assumed I was reacting to chocolate because it never happened with vanilla. That was a long time ago. I hadn't touched chocolate since until I got those Pamela's cookies a couple of weeks ago. I did fine with them. One of these days I'll try the ice cream again.

My normal soy reaction is the same as corn - psoriasis. Probably a bit of brain fog and grumpiness too. Gluten is the only one that bothers my digestion.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#3 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thanks..I don't think it was the chocolate b/c it happened after lunch too. I had some hormel ham and some hormel salami and soem lays stax and a handful of grapes.

My guts are killing me

#4 KikiB

KikiB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I react to soy the same as gluten. Nausea, fatigue, muscle weakness.

#5 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Not soy (in my case it causes cardiac problems), but I had your same reaction in my mouth when I was allergic to kiwi and pineapple and accidentally even placed a piece on my tongue and then spit it out. That lasted for several years when I was a kid/teen. Didn't have any for more than 10 years, now I can have some, but only rarely, or the sores come up again.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: