4 replies to this topic

#1 notkuroda

notkuroda

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hi all, as you may have seen from the mysterious glutening thread, my wife is getting glutened and we don't know what it is. I'm honestly at the point where I want to get her out of the house and take her to a hotel for a couple of days, just in case there's some gluten hanging around the house that we don't know about. Is this crazy? We just don't know what's going on

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

I dont think that going to a hotel would help. Hotel rooms usually have had people eating gluten in them. The minifridge and tables and things would need to be cleaned. Also, how would your wife eat there?

I would make sure that I had a clean pan..Buy a new one if you need to and make something really simple like a plain hamburger and eat that with something for sure gluten free like a salad that you make at home or fruit etc. Maybe eggs or a plain chicken breast and some vegetable all plain.

I am going through the same thing as your with with DH, sometimes it takes a long time for it to resolve. Feel free to PM me if you want to.

-MO

#3 notkuroda

notkuroda

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

I dont think that going to a hotel would help. Hotel rooms usually have had people eating gluten in them. The minifridge and tables and things would need to be cleaned. Also, how would your wife eat there?

I would make sure that I had a clean pan..Buy a new one if you need to and make something really simple like a plain hamburger and eat that with something for sure gluten free like a salad that you make at home or fruit etc. Maybe eggs or a plain chicken breast and some vegetable all plain.

I am going through the same thing as your with with DH, sometimes it takes a long time for it to resolve. Feel free to PM me if you want to.

-MO

yeah, I think you're right. I'm getting a little hysterical. But she is quite sure she is getting glutened because she had GI issues today, she has no energy, and the DH is getting worse everyday. For example, she found out that her medication had gluten. She stopped taking it and days later she was fully energized and the rash was gone. She is down to bare bones eating, we just can't figure out what's getting her

#4 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Have you replaced porous cookware (teflon pans, plastic things, wooden things, etc)?

#5 notkuroda

notkuroda

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Have you replaced porous cookware (teflon pans, plastic things, wooden things, etc)?

oh yeah, years ago. We haven't cooked anything with gluten in this house in quite awhile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: