#1 alesusy

alesusy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Hello everybody
I have been dx last week (biopsy positive, 3b Marsh) and I've been gluten-free since December 2nd. I'm looking for reassurance, really... the first weeks of gluten-free diet went great, I felt better, my bowel movements were back to once a day and normal. Now since 5 days ago, the big D is back with me and today worse than in the last few days. Actually it's not really diarrhoea (sorry) more like very loose stools (sorry again) coming every two/three hours. Just like "before".

Is this normal? I am sure I have not been glutened: that did happen, round New Year's eve but it should be in the past.

On the other hand I

1)am not feeling really well, slight sore throat, coudl either be a virus OR be part of celiac
2) have been eating too many silly things: lots of Coke (I never do, I had a sort of weird craving), lots of sugary stuff including chocolate and gluten-free biscuits made by me and not made by me (possibly with milk or butter, which I cannot have), and to make up, lots of vegetable soup with beans in it.

so it is possible that my bowels are reacting angrily again. Did anybody else experience this in the first months? It's so discouraging... today I'm confining myself to rice, chicken and apples. We'll see. Please advise...

(my thyroid values are normal but I still have not had all the other check tests)

alessandra

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,123 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

If you change your diet, even for the good, it can take a while for a healthy gut to adjust. Your gut isn't healthy so it may be less resilent. You may not have been getting enough fiber, too much sugar, too much fiber, beans can be hard to digest, etc.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 alesusy

alesusy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Hello everybody
I have been dx last week (biopsy positive, 3b Marsh) and I've been gluten-free since December 2nd. I'm looking for reassurance, really... the first weeks of gluten-free diet went great, I felt better, my bowel movements were back to once a day and normal. Now since 5 days ago, the big D is back with me and today worse than in the last few days. Actually it's not really diarrhoea (sorry) more like very loose stools (sorry again) coming every two/three hours. Just like "before".

Is this normal? I am sure I have not been glutened: that did happen, round New Year's eve but it should be in the past.

On the other hand I

1)am not feeling really well, slight sore throat, coudl either be a virus OR be part of celiac
2) have been eating too many silly things: lots of Coke (I never do, I had a sort of weird craving), lots of sugary stuff including chocolate and gluten-free biscuits made by me and not made by me (possibly with milk or butter, which I cannot have), and to make up, lots of vegetable soup with beans in it.

so it is possible that my bowels are reacting angrily again. Did anybody else experience this in the first months? It's so discouraging... today I'm confining myself to rice, chicken and apples. We'll see. Please advise...

(my thyroid values are normal but I still have not had all the other check tests)

alessandra

I've been reading around. Hot American coffee in the morning And afternoon, ample doses of Coke and chocolate are NOT a good idea when your bowels need to heal. I'm going to stop the Coke and the choc completely, but also the coffee which I drink a lot, and we'll see what happens. comments are welcome anyway - a.

#4 Lima Bean

Lima Bean

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Coffee and coke, while wonderful inventions, are pretty acidic. Probably a good idea to cut back on them and try to eat a more "normal" diet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: