Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Help!.....asap!

8 posts in this topic

I was just diagnosed with ciliac and also been diagnosed with acid reflux several years ago and have always taken omeprazole 20 mg capsules manufactured currently by Sandoz, which is a script. I have tired to search to find out if it is gluten free to no avail. Does anybody you know if it is gluten free? If not any substitutes? I need help ASAP as my reflux is starting to come back again. I have been glutin free 3 days now and acid reflux is starting to come back....Many thanks! :(

Ads by Google:

Acid reflux can be controled without medication :)

However, i haven't heard of omeprazole having it. Best bet is to call the manufacturer to ask.

I emailed sandoz about a prescription I take and got a response within 24 hours. for my prescription they replied and said there are no gluten ingredients. The email to contact they regarding products is easy to find on the website.

Acid reflux can be controled without medication :)

However, i haven't heard of omeprazole having it. Best bet is to call the manufacturer to ask.

I found out and they can't guarantee it--so I must forget this. :( Do you or anyone else know of anything I can take for a hiatial hernia, acid reflux, heartburn. My chest feels like on fire!!

I am not entirely sure how this site works so I may be posting multiple times. I found out omeprazole is not guaranteed by Sandoz. Is there anything else I can take of hiatial hernia, acid reflux, heartburn? My chest feels like on fire. Also still very itchy on my head mostly and some all over and face/. Is there anything I can use to relieve the itchness that is safe? I don't have any open blisters or a rash--just itchy.....Thanks!

Of course they cannot guarantee it. Nobody can. A guarantee creates a legal liability for them in the event they received a contaminated ingredient from a supplier. Even if they test, they have to qualify the statement based on the sensitivity of the test. The may, for example, be able to guarantee < 20 ppm (which is likely actually zero, but cannot be proven).

I have taken several prescriptions from a variety of companies since being gluten free. I have called on every one before I fill them. Every time I get "but we don't promise/guarantee it is gluten free blah blah blah statement." Having previously given similar statements myself working in a call center, we called these CYB statements. Cover Your Butt. Like Peter says, the legal implications of making an absolute guarantee is insane, the best you will get is a general, yes, the drug is in fact gluten free but CYB.

I have taken several prescriptions from a variety of companies since being gluten free. I have called on every one before I fill them. Every time I get "but we don't promise/guarantee it is gluten free blah blah blah statement." Having previously given similar statements myself working in a call center, we called these CYB statements. Cover Your Butt. Like Peter says, the legal implications of making an absolute guarantee is insane, the best you will get is a general, yes, the drug is in fact gluten free but CYB.

Thanks for the CYB info--might take omeprazole again--after I get some gluten free time under my belt. I'm only recently diagnosed & glutin free 4 days now. Trying to take it "One day at a Time'--but REALLY hard at this point.