4 replies to this topic

#1 ruuning like a zombie

ruuning like a zombie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Well ladies and gents of the internets, I have a silver lining to my thunderstorm. First ill start off by saying a little more abt me. I'm 27 and have been controlled by nerve racking pain and nasty other symptoms for the last 7 years. I've had trouble gaining weight in the process and always seemed to be at a vitamin deficit. Well over the past 8 days I have given up gluten and been feeling so much better. I know that this is a very short period of time but hey happiness can be found in everything. Since giving it up I have actually been able to semi take back control of my life. Stomach pains are almost non existing and I actually feel great. My family told me that I am not as grumpy and even seem to be considerably more alert. I spoke with my doc who wants to do more blood work and recheck everything. She seems very hopeful that we might have finally found an answer to my issues. Forgive my extreme happiness, I feel like I would burst at the seams if I didn't tell someone. God knows my family and friends are tired of hearing about it. Sincerely, - a happy zombie.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

This is wonderful to hear.

Know that many of us improve right away and experience some set backs - just remember how much you improved in this short time and go easy - recovering Zombies need lots of rest and loads of whole foods!

Thanks for sharing - let us know if you have questions.

Hopeful for you :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Great! Keep up the good work. From another Zombie with a tired of hearing about it family.

I am not tired of hearing about it!

Diana

#4 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

"Recovering zombie"... LOL Love it! :P

Congrats on figuring it out for yourself and good luck with the gluten-free diet. I wish you continued success. :)
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Whew! I know what a relief that must be for you, to find an answer after all that suffering :) Make sure she does the testing to confirm your self diagnosis, and do keep us informed of how you progress. Fire away with any questions that come up.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009