36 replies to this topic

#31 SUZIN

SUZIN

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

a1956chill......I have not tried it without the xanthan.....perhaps you could increase the sweet rice flour a little and see....or even sub some gelatin....I've heard gelatin will thicken dressings.....

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 SUZIN

SUZIN

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

KikiB......I use light olive oil.....and real apple cider vinegar....watch out for vinegar....read the label to be sure it isn't made from grain, or something other than apples.....I use Heinz apple cider vinegar..... and I look at the label to be sure it isn't made from something else..... even Heinz has "apple cider" vinegar made from something else too....I even watch out for olive oil....some of them are not totally olive oil....they are a mix......

#33 beachbirdie

beachbirdie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I don't use raw egg...I've had good success using powdered egg white. Since we don't eat a LOT of mayonnaise, I don't worry about the Omega-6 in the sunflower oil, but light olive oil works well as does avocado oil. Avocado oil is awfully expensive though!
1999 - Hypothyroid
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

#34 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

We buy regular Duke's mayo, it is simply the best.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#35 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

We buy regular Duke's mayo, it is simply the best.

Dukes is made with soy oil so it is off limits for me :(

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#36 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

This is the recipe I use....No eggs, no cooking..... gluten-free Mayo 1/2 Cup oil, 1/2 Cup water, 1 Tablespoon Vinegar, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan, 1 teaspoon sweet rice flour....put all in a blender and blend till it is creamy, it takes a while ....This is the basic mayo.....you can add other seasonings to make it a variety....One type I make I call Ranch...I add 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, and a pinch to thyme...it will thicken in the frig and it will keep 2 to 3 weeks in the frig....Instead of using the blender jar one of the things I do is measure all the ingredients in a pint canning jar, then I screw on my Hamilton Beach blender blades on the top of the jar, and blend it right in the pint jar...while I am blending the mayo I remove the jar and shake it a couple times to make sure everything is being blended.....by putting it in the jar I'm going to store it in I don't have to transfer it from the blender....that way I don't have to bother cleaning out the blender jar.....I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I sure have used it allot, and it makes a nice mayo....

I am going to make this today,,, I have a question .. You add the ingredients all at once to the blender?? not the oil one drop at a time like other mayo recipes ?

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#37 KikiB

KikiB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

KikiB......I use light olive oil.....and real apple cider vinegar....watch out for vinegar....read the label to be sure it isn't made from grain, or something other than apples.....I use Heinz apple cider vinegar..... and I look at the label to be sure it isn't made from something else..... even Heinz has "apple cider" vinegar made from something else too....I even watch out for olive oil....some of them are not totally olive oil....they are a mix......

Thanks for the tips!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: