- - - - -

Bathroom Habits

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2004 - 01:34 PM

I've been gluten-free for 7 months, dairy free for 4. I hate to bring up such a personal topic, but how worried should I be that my bowels are not even close to being formed even after all this time on the diet? It's been about a year and a half since I've had a "normal", meaning formed, stool. I am regular and only use the bathroom once a day, but am worried about how close I always am to it being diarrhea, it's like it's always right on the verge of that but a little bit better. Should I simply assume this is how people with celiac disease are and not expect to have another "normal" bathroom break again in my life?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 02:31 PM

Gillian, when is your colonoscopy? Make sure they biopsy, even if they don't see anything. You may very well have some type of colitis or possibly Chrohn's disease. It seems to me that you should be feeling better by now. I hope that they are able to figure out what else is going on, because there has got to be more wrong in you than just Celiac. You are in my prayers.

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#3 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2004 - 08:27 PM

Thanks so much, Mariann. My doc already mentioned he will biopsy me for colitis, and I'm going to ask him to also take a few extra biopsies to check for microscopic colitis. A lot of the symptoms of MC sound like me. My colonoscopy is April 12th, it was originally set to be done in January but I had a virus at the time so they didn't want to risk the sedation. I'm really afraid of the colonoscopy but I know it must be done. I hope you're feeling well on the diet! Thanks again for your kind words!

#4 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 09:42 PM

The colonoscopy is not that bad, but the prep is the worst. I can't stomach the laxatives they make you take. I understand needing to be cleaned out, but they take it to the extreme with that stuff!

I hope that you do fine and your doctor is very careful to take a really good look. I wouldn't want them to miss anything obvious! You have been through far too much and I want this to be over for you. :(

And I am feeling much better on the diet. And getting contaminated less since the whole family is gluten-free. Except my husband, he is only partially gluten-free. But he won't get tested yet, so he doesn't have to stick to the diet. :rolleyes: We had a bad gluten accident at a family party last weekend and we are all still recovering from that, but showing signs of improvement. Yeah!

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: