1 reply to this topic

#1 heidi g.

heidi g.

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Alcohol makes me so sick. I took one shot of patron and I know it's gluten free and my stomach burned. I have a very sensitive stomach ever since I got diagnosed, and I can't tolerate any pain killers except ibuprofen. well anyanyways, after I took the shot my stomach felt like it was ripping apart, and I threw up a bunch of times. I drank alcohol this whole summer and In the morning my stomach would feel horrible. I have been gluten free for awhile and actually when i first started drinking this summer all my celiac symptoms went away and I ha add no stomach pain but then it started up again. I don't know my body is confusing lol. But I obviously quit drinkingdrinking since my stomach can't handle it. Has this happened to anyone else? I'll live without alcohol I was never much of a drinker, but I thought your stomach was supposed to heal and be able to tolerate stuff you used to. fresh this can be frustrating. And sorry if my punctuation or spelling is not perfect, I'm writing this on a kindle fire. not easy for meme

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Opa3

Opa3

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Alcohol makes me so sick.

My sister is a Heidi too. Glad to meet you.
I gave up alcohol 5 years ago when I developed AR/GERD. Alcohol should be avoided. Don't miss it either. Have a GI doc check this out.

Hope you feel better soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: