1 reply to this topic

#1 ndw3363

ndw3363

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

To anyone that has successfully beaten leaky gut/candida - were you ever able to go back to eating grains (gluten-free of course)? I am able to control my symptoms most of the time - but I like to have a glass of wine on a date or with my girlfriends. I like to eat safe Mexican food - found a restaurant with great gluten-free bread and pasta options - dying to eat gluten-free mac and cheese again. I know I'm craving it right now because it's winter and PMS week. Also because I went a bit nuts with the carbs over the holidays and now I'm detoxing a bit....but this just sucks. I know so many of you have given up on them completely and have gone grain free. I tried cooking with almond flour/meal - recipes were great, but I think I'm allergic (instant mouth tingling and trouble swallowing). Knock on wood, I've been able to keep YI symptoms at bay for the most part...but if I have wine, or consume grains, I almost instantly get seborrehea symptoms (scalp, face) and my shoulders/back break out. So bizarre. I get horrible anxiety after drinking as well....yes, I know that should be enough to make me cut it out of my life altogether, but I'm feeling stubborn and irritated. I know this is a process, but I've been gluten-free since Jan 2011. Ok, I realize this became mostly a vent session, but I would like to know if anyone has successfully made a jump back into a grain eating life. I might be able to fully commit to the candida diet if I knew it would actually work long term.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Seifer

Seifer

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

A low-carb candida diet does NOT work long term, in fact I ruined my health further with such a diet. You are putting a lot of stress on your system if you cut out all carbohydrates/sugar and it can easily lead to hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue.

I would focus on benign (for most people) starches such as cassava,sweet potato,white rice,corn starch etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: