4 replies to this topic

#1 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

So I bought these Udi's chocolate muffins so I could take them to a party where another celiac will be present. I know everyone here has said how good they are so I didn't REALLY have to try one before taking them, but they've been calling my name. I popped one in the micro for a few seconds and now I am in HEAVEN! They really DO taste better than just about any chocolate thing I have ever eaten! They are almost seven dollars for four muffins, but I WILL buy them again.

And now I have a question. The package they come in - it looks like the muffins were baked right in it. Is this one of those silicone pans and can I reuse it? It's still hard to believe one can bake in silicone without it melting, but the way one of the muffins has "flashing" on it that looks like they spilled some of the batter when filling the cup leads me to believe they did bake them in it.

If this IS a reusable "pan", maybe the price isn't so outrageous.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I tried this product once. These are NOT silicone pans - they are plastic. So, unless you want to clean up an icky mess, don't bake with 'em! :blink: I won't be available to help - I'll...um...be busy that day. ;)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thanks! I'll throw the "pan" away, or maybe clean it and use it to store small guitar parts.

At 300 calories a piece, I am going to try not to indulge too often, but I can tell you that the next one I have will be heated and topped with vanilla ice cream. :wub:

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

I don't think the price is really outrageous. If you went to a nice bakery for a gluten muffin, it would probably be $2

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

I don't think the price is really outrageous. If you went to a nice bakery for a gluten muffin, it would probably be $2

That's true. Of course bakery muffins are about twice the size, but usually those are TOO big. I could never finish a whole one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: