Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Holy Cow!

5 posts in this topic

So I bought these Udi's chocolate muffins so I could take them to a party where another celiac will be present. I know everyone here has said how good they are so I didn't REALLY have to try one before taking them, but they've been calling my name. I popped one in the micro for a few seconds and now I am in HEAVEN! They really DO taste better than just about any chocolate thing I have ever eaten! They are almost seven dollars for four muffins, but I WILL buy them again.

And now I have a question. The package they come in - it looks like the muffins were baked right in it. Is this one of those silicone pans and can I reuse it? It's still hard to believe one can bake in silicone without it melting, but the way one of the muffins has "flashing" on it that looks like they spilled some of the batter when filling the cup leads me to believe they did bake them in it.

If this IS a reusable "pan", maybe the price isn't so outrageous.

Ads by Google:

I tried this product once. These are NOT silicone pans - they are plastic. So, unless you want to clean up an icky mess, don't bake with 'em! :blink: I won't be available to help - I'll...um...be busy that day. ;)

Thanks! I'll throw the "pan" away, or maybe clean it and use it to store small guitar parts.

At 300 calories a piece, I am going to try not to indulge too often, but I can tell you that the next one I have will be heated and topped with vanilla ice cream. :wub:

I don't think the price is really outrageous. If you went to a nice bakery for a gluten muffin, it would probably be $2

I don't think the price is really outrageous. If you went to a nice bakery for a gluten muffin, it would probably be $2

That's true. Of course bakery muffins are about twice the size, but usually those are TOO big. I could never finish a whole one.