6 replies to this topic

#1 texas flood

texas flood

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Tested negative for the Celiac Panel, but I expected that. The line work in my tattoo swells up and I assume that's because it's already damaged skin - I've had it for 6 years though. That's the most annoying part. I'm experimenting with gluten free for a month to see if it improves. It's been almost a week and It was getting better, but it seems to flare up with everything I eat. I'm sick and tired of the itching and burning and doctors who tell me "it's something" but we don't know what.

So needless to say I haven't been diagnosed. What are your thoughts from looking at this picture?

http://i216.photobuc...207D4A946CE.jpg

http://i216.photobuc...207D98BE6F4.jpg

Edited by texas flood, 16 January 2013 - 02:29 PM.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 brandiecane

brandiecane

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

That's kinda how mine looks but only if I have a minor flare up. In my experience, DH is most easily identified by the way it feels. It is so insanely uncomfortable- pure torture- literally makes you consider suicide when it is undiagnosed for SO long. When I finally decided to go gluten free it took several weeks to see a huge improvement and about 6 months to completely "heal". I still get flare ups here and there, likely from cross contamination, but gluten free is the only cure (in my experience). Try to stick it out for longer than a month and be super super strict. Going gluten free can help with TONS of different skin conditions anyway so it is worth it to try.

#3 JennShad

JennShad

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Several weeks ago when my flares were really bad, the edges of my tattoo were raised also...it's 3 years old.

#4 sisterlynr

sisterlynr

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

I have blisters.

Posted Image

Misdiagnosed DH symptoms for 30 years in the form of blisters on shoulders, scalp, sole of foot and lower back.
Type II Diabetes 1995  /   Fatty liver biopsy 2001  ~ Diagnosed with NH Lymphoma in 2007 metastasized to bones & Stage IV by 2008 Chemotherapy in 2008 ~ Breakout of rash from scalp to sole of feet. February 28, 2012 until present
Iron deficiency anemia - July of 2012  /  
Osteoarthritis. September 2012  2012 Rash was diagnosed as Eczema, Grover's Disease, Folliculitis per biopsies of the lesions. September 2012   Started Dapsone and Gluten-Free diet on October 20, 2012 ~ Diag DH 2012.  Not taking Dapsone due to sulfa reaction.  Biopsy in July 2013 indicates Lupus but my doctors do not agree on cause of rash for various reasons.  

~Lyn~

#5 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Oh my, sisterlynr, that looks really painful. You poor dear :(
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 sisterlynr

sisterlynr

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Oh my, sisterlynr, that looks really painful. You poor dear :(

Yes, painful, itchy and the whole nine yards. This picture was taken after I started healing with taking Dapsone and being gluten-free. Now (today) most of those are scarring nicely. I think the Dermatologist I see in February thinks the light therapy will aid in healing and have been told the light therapy is very soothing. Ready to go now! Had to wait as he is a very busy doctor.

Misdiagnosed DH symptoms for 30 years in the form of blisters on shoulders, scalp, sole of foot and lower back.
Type II Diabetes 1995  /   Fatty liver biopsy 2001  ~ Diagnosed with NH Lymphoma in 2007 metastasized to bones & Stage IV by 2008 Chemotherapy in 2008 ~ Breakout of rash from scalp to sole of feet. February 28, 2012 until present
Iron deficiency anemia - July of 2012  /  
Osteoarthritis. September 2012  2012 Rash was diagnosed as Eczema, Grover's Disease, Folliculitis per biopsies of the lesions. September 2012   Started Dapsone and Gluten-Free diet on October 20, 2012 ~ Diag DH 2012.  Not taking Dapsone due to sulfa reaction.  Biopsy in July 2013 indicates Lupus but my doctors do not agree on cause of rash for various reasons.  

~Lyn~

#7 soyjoy318

soyjoy318

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Mine is more like a rash and is splotchy and slightly raised. It looks like eczema and sometimes itches. The worst it has ever been was when I reacted to a body wash Andy body was covered in it!!

My arms also turn bright red when I get "glutened." My face and neck turn bright red instantly!!

I get red itchy bumps along my jaw line... It's crazy how our bodies react to things!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: