3 replies to this topic

#1 JoyMurphy

JoyMurphy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

I am severely sensitive to gluten. A glutening can debilitate me for @5 weeks.
My dietician in the celiac clinic has me drinking bone broth throughout the day to promote healing. I make big pots of it and drink it like tea.
From the beginning of the chicken broth, i have felt weird. A little sick to my stomach, bloated and just weird. To the point where I force myself to drink it.
Is there a possibility there is something injjected into chicken parts? I used a whole chicken and 6lbs of wings. I think the chicken was natural....but not the wings.. Which I have eaten before, not in broth, but never had a problem.
Any idea?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

I have problems with chicken in general. I am sensitive to very low levels of gluten. I did find a source for while which was pasture fed which I could eat with abandon. They were the only thing processed in the facility. I don't think that the gluten gets into the meat from the chickens eating it. I saw a video on youtube of a chicken processing facility and they were washed by submersion in a cleaning bath. That seemed like a possible cc source to me.

#3 a1956chill

a1956chill

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

I have problems with chicken as in I can no longer eat chicken or anything with chicken in it or I get sick. It has nothing to do with the processing of the chicken ,, I just plain can not tolerate chicken. But I have no problem with turkey .
Try making your bone broth with turkey and see how you feel.

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#4 JoyMurphy

JoyMurphy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

I will try the turkey! Thanks.
I was allergic to chicken and about 40plus other foods when celiacs took hold and brought me to my knees. I have been battling with 2 consecutive glutenings that seem to level me for 5 weeks. So if my chicken sensitivity comes back, that would not surprise me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: