Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

So Maybe I Am Gi Or Celiac? Maybe I'm Not....

• Please log in to reply

22 replies to this topic

#16 maybe_maybenot

maybe_maybenot

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

I saw a Gastroenterologist today and he saw my blood results (it was IGg that was elevated not IGa, sorry). Anyway he said the test that was ordered by my physician was out of date and made me take a different one (ttg). He will be doing an esophegeal and small intestine scope and biopsy (March 5 or sooner).
I'm also seeing an allergist next week, that should be interesting. As a side note, 3 years ago I did an environmental allergy test and reacted to every allergen, in fact the doctor didn't believe it and retested me on another arm and again reacted to everything.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 maybe_maybenot

maybe_maybenot

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I saw an allergist and he did a skin prick test, and I came back negative for all foods, including gluten and dairy.

#18 gatita

gatita

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

That's good you're getting the right blood tests and the scope. And of course, the diet itself can be the real test for those of us with GI symptoms.

Did your previous allergy test 3 years ago include foods, too?

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

#19 frieze

frieze

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

I saw an allergist and he did a skin prick test, and I came back negative for all foods, including gluten and dairy.

do remember that celiac is NOT an allergy!

#20 maybe_maybenot

maybe_maybenot

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Yes my previous allergy test actually did have food allergens, and according to that test I was allergic to everything.

#21 maybe_maybenot

maybe_maybenot

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Yes my previous allergy test actually did have food allergens, and according to that test I was allergic to everything.

I'm going in for my intestinal biopsy (as well as esophagus) on tuesday.  Personally, I'm just really exhausted... hoping to find whatever is causing all of this.

#22 scenicgurl

scenicgurl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Did you feel better when you were gluten free for two months?

I felt so much better. I guess for me the biggest improvement was my lack of migraines. Before cuting out gluten, I used to get 2-3 a week and that had been the case for 12 years. Sometimes they'd span several days. Now I only get 2-3 a month. HUGE change for me. Plus I don't have constant stomach cramps and pains anymore. I won't lie though after 2 months I was still strugging with what I could actually eat so my meals were kind of the same thing over and over.

Caffine free since 2008

Pescetarian since 2009

Diagnosed as gluten intolerant Oct 2011, have been gluten free ever since

#23 maybe_maybenot

maybe_maybenot

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Had my biopsy today.  The dr. said there wasn't much in the way of physical evidence to indicate an issue, although he said there was a fair bit of damage at the bottom of my esophogus from acid.  They did a biopsy and the results of those should be available in 2-3 weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: