#1 jhol

jhol

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

hi

if any of you have read my other posts -i wrote about a problem i had with coleslaw. ive been told i dont have celiac, i dont suffer with any gastro symptoms at all. but one night i had horrendous problems- not wanting to sound dramatic- i thought i was dying. i was hot but shivering felt sick, stomach was making awful noises and had major diarrhea. after testing all the foods id eaten that night i decided it was the coleslaw. so last week decided to try it again to check- yep i was right.... then after i got my results saying i didnt have celiac i decided to eat it any way- with no problems whatsoever!!!! so i read the ingredients and they were all natural no additives or extras . so i went and bought a cheap coleslaw and my stomach was gurgling and flipping over all night, i couldnt sleep and felt kinda spaced out. checked the ingredients on this coleslaw and this one has - xanthan gum, guar gum and potassium sorbate.

its odd that one coleslaw was ok the other was absolutely not...
so my question is could it be the additives that i have a problem with rather than the ingredients.

ive been looking into salicylates and histamines( this was before my doc suggested the celiac) and wonder if this is the way i should be heading to sort out the odd food reactions ive been getting

any suggestions on how to get started - not sure whether to do a gluten free trial or try to sort out the intolerences first.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: